Connecticut

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryG

Is anyone else on this forum in Southeastern, CT? It'd be nice to have some local dragon keepers to talk to from time to time.

illuminis

Hatchling Member
Welcome to the forums. I'm pretty new myself to forum as well as beardies. Guess we all start somewhere. I'm in W.Mass about 10 miles north of Enfield,CT

illuminis

Hatchling Member
where about in SE CT?

Edit: I did alittle research and sent a few texts out to a few friends in CT and they say there is a good place called http://montvillevet.com/ but it's in Uncasville,CT. I don't know how close you are to there.
The Vet there is Dr. Jo Michaelson.

TerryG

Original Poster
Seriously? That's awesome! I'm only one town over from there. I had looked around for vets that handle reptiles and asked the vet that we bring our cats to but she doesn't see reptiles but had suggested this one and said she went to school with her. I really like the othe vet but want sure if she was just suggesting because they were schoolmates. I've seen a few people unhappy and frustrated because vets that will see herps aren't necessarily experienced with them.

Thank you so much! I feel lucky that I have a good one so close by!

illuminis

Hatchling Member
Did you go there? If so, how were they? I'd be willing to travel the 1.5 hrs if they are worth it. I have a place 30-45 min from me but they seemed put off cause I asked how much a full exam would be. you know the exam itself plus tests. I called them 3 days ago they said they'ed email me the cost and I still haven't heard anything.

TerryG

Original Poster
Wow really? That sucks. I haven't brought my dragon in yet but I did go there a little while ago and talk with the front desk people. I'll try going back to see if they'd be willing to give me a price list that k can share with you. How much should a check up cost? So you use per insurance?

illuminis

Hatchling Member
They were charging $65 basically to walk in the door. Other then that "she would have to get back to me." I don't know if that is good or not. The vet that see reptiles is only there Wed, Thurs and every other Saturday. That's all they would tell me.

TerryG

Original Poster
I know when I talked from when I talked to them before the vet that's the main vet there (possibly the only one) sees reptiles. They specifically told me that they get a lot of beardies but I don't actually know anyone that has a Beardie. I will go talk to them on Monday and try and find out more for you, okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom