Beardie eats a lot but can see ribs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueocean013

My bearded dragon is around 7 months or older, I can tell it's a boy if that matters. He eats so much and he has a big belly towards the bottom, it's close to dragging the ground, but near his arms you can see his ribs. And I don't mean just like one, you can count like 4 in a row. He eats around 20 large crickets a day and always has a handful of greens. Couple times a week he gets a full variety salad as well. With 5 or more nutritious items. He has right temp, uv and calcium.
He poops every single day, and their like really big piles. He has a great appetite and active and spunky. He goes crazy over food every time he sees it.

He shows no signs of health problems other than seeing his ribs. Why is this? What could be the problem. I've had him 6 months and has never gotten sick. Even when he sheds he doesn't ever lose his appetite.

I also give him waxworms because they're high in fat.

Please help and also I live in the south, so all the vets around here don't see reptiles and I know more about them than they do.

hiTimothy

I suggest you post this in the regular forum rather than this region specific one, since more people will see it that way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom