Also posted in For Free forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I put the original post in the For Free section and copied this one here. I'm hoping you can find a good home for your beardie and we're happy that you want to do the right thing. If you could post some pics, that could be very helpful for any interested members.
bubachew":l0l7pie0 said:
I have a bearded dragon that is almost 3 years old. For a while it was a great pet and we were great friends. But the pet store unfortunately is not right next door, and getting crickets was a hassle because they would die quickly even when given food. I used to order them by the thousand, and that would last a while but my parents were dishing out a lot of money and they claimed that a bearded dragon mine's age should be getting 80% veggies and 20% crickets which they had read online. I tried to stay true to this, but the collard greens i would get would go yellow after about a week and cutting the leaves down to size was a time consuming process. As time went on, the instances in which she would be fed became less and less often. I was unmotivated by the lack of communication and interaction I'd have with my pet. Now my family has recently adopted a kitten. I feed my kitten 3 times each day and have not missed it once. My kitten also interacts with me in a lot more ways my bearded dragon could not. I cannot love my kitten and continue to care for my bearded dragon at the same time. As much as it hurts me to do this, I need to let my bearded dragon go.

I know I'm irresponsible, and I know that it is all my fault. I know I deserve harsh karma. I feel horrible.

I need to find my bearded dragon a new home, where she can be taken to a vet, and cared for and loved. Right now I simply can't do it. I've been thinking about this a lot and I'm just really scared about how I can find this animal somewhere to live. None of my friends would want it, and the fact that it's underfed may put off many who would normally take it. I would offer it free to anyone who will give it loving care. Managing and feeding my bearded dragon is stressful - lamps need to be replaced, terrariums cleaned, and it needs to be bathed. My kitten's food can be stored easily and does not expire as quickly as the crickets I feed my bearded dragon do. There are no lamps to replace or terrariums to clean. My kitten is an indoor kitten and for the most part does not require bathing. I simply cannot care for my bearded dragon, I was not meant to have a reptile. I was wrong to have gotten one to begin with. I don't know what to do. Please, help.

I will take any harsh comments or verbal attacks. I deserve it. I've been horrible and the guilt plagues my conscience. Please somebody take this pet and give me the satisfaction in knowing that it is in a new loving home. I am only 15 years old and I go to a pretty rigorous high school, and I just don't have the time to give this pet the maintenance and care it deserves and needs. Right now my female beardie needs a miracle and I just can't give it to her, I'm not fit for this. I will also give away the tank, light fixtures, terrarium pieces and pretty much everything I have for her. I need someone in the NYC area who will meet me to take this beardie, pick it up, or have me take it to them. I can probably make it anywhere that isn't too deep, away from upper manhattan.

I know there is someone out there who is right for this bearded dragon. That person is not me. Please, please, help me and my bearded dragon out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom