Looking for Cricket Breeders or other food

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon21388

Juvie Member
I live in Maine and I am getting tired of going to petco and spending close to 5$ a day for crickets. I've looked into buying in bulk online and having them shipped to my house, but I figured I'd mention it to you guys on here and possibly support the local economy. Let me know what you have thanks.

hammerhead

Juvie Member
Livey":1z2xr0zx said:
Roaches are always good and easy to breed?
there alot less smelly! :)
I can't agree more. Do some research and start a dubia colony. You will never buy feeders again and those nasty crickets will be gone. You will wish you did it long ago. David

jon21388

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i actually ordered some roaches, I'm going to try to start a colony. How many did you guys start with for the adult males and females. Right now I started with 10 females and 5 males. I also got 150 mixed ones with a majority of them small. I only have one dragon i am looking to feed so I'm not looking to be swamped in them. Is this a good starting point or should i have more adult males/females to keep up with one dragon.

triumphtt

Juvie Member
I've seen most people go with 1-3 males to 10 females. I only have a few females as of now and had like 20+ males so I feed mostly males to puff but he's full grown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom