Good reptile vet in the Lancaster, PA Area?

Hello, got what I would guess to be a 5-7 week old bearded dragon. I'm trying to find a good reptile vet in the Lancaster, PA area. Anyone on here from the area that could steer me in the right direction? I'd really like to get a basic checkup done and a fecal test ran. Don't really wanna buy meds to treat something that might not be a issue or without a vets opinion.

Thanks. The only one I really know of or have experience with is about 45 minutes to a hour away.. and it's almost impossible to get an appointment.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't know of anyone in the area based on personal experience, but I suggest taking a look through this list as a starting point http://www.anapsid.org/vets/penn.html If there are some near you, I'd give them a call to see if they have experience working with bearded dragons. It's a good idea to establish a good relationship with a vet by going in for wellness checks like you're trying to do. It can help a lot to have history and trust if a problem arises in the future.
If anything really serious comes up, you could also go into Philadelphia to Ryan Veterinary Hospital. Teaching hospitals often have access to pretty advanced equipment.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom