Eating/not during mating season???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys I'm just curious I know some but not all beardies eat less or stop eating period during their shedding stage I was wondering if beardies eat less or stop completely during mating season for example my male is eating and my female is not so it really just depends on the beardie I just wanna make sure thats the reason why and not a red flag that i might be missing here

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":33dty8q7 said:
Did you breed them? And can they see each other?
I have not no I know they definitely want to mate shes a bit to young and I want to be fully prepared if I ever decide to mate them as of right now its not on the table if she managed to start to eat again and is being healthy active and her normal self again ill go from there shes full of hormones atm and I have both their enclosures side by side so the only chance they have of seeing each other is if they are both out or 1 of them is basking and 1 is out of their enclosure i cover the cool side with a towel 24/7 case they wanna be shy and cool off so if 1 is on that side and 1 is out of the enclosure they cant see each other due to the towel

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so at no time they should see each other -- this could be why shes not eating - I would get that fixed or you will continue to have issues w/ them

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1ouhmjna said:
Ok so at no time they should see each other -- this could be why shes not eating - I would get that fixed or you will continue to have issues w/ them
I feel bad taking him/her out and not both together had a vet visit shes healthy happy and feisty gain some weight but as she said herself continue what I'm doing eventually she will eat right now shes full of hormones and them both out together isn't gonna help if I'm not gonna breed them so gotta stick to my guns and know keeping them separate outside their enclosures is whats best for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom