He’s so tense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
I’ve had Link since Jan of 2020 when he was about 3-4 months old. I would handle him often and for the most part he didn’t mind, except trying to wriggle out to explore. As he got older, I was more hesitant to let him roam because I have a toddler who is pretty rough. I still handle him pretty regularly, but I always notice that he is so stiff/tense when I’m carrying him. When he’s had enough, he’ll try to escape my hands and start puffing up, but he’s never hissed or bitten me. Will he always be like this or should I just let him roam? I usually hold him like the pictures below.

106536-3651195797.jpg
106536-5020959591.jpg

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Hi there!

Some beardies love handling while others are nervous. My beardie Drogon likes to sit on my chest or shoulders and isn't a fan of holding no matter how much support I provide. Try a few different ways, maybe using ur arm underneath his belly and holding him steady with your other hand.

Maybe when the baby is down for a nap your beardie can run around supervised? Make sure pets are locked up too!

Selkie

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Selkie1993":1oipxlrl said:
Hi there!

Some beardies love handling while others are nervous. My beardie Drogon likes to sit on my chest or shoulders and isn't a fan of holding no matter how much support I provide. Try a few different ways, maybe using ur arm underneath his belly and holding him steady with your other hand.

Maybe when the baby is down for a nap your beardie can run around supervised? Make sure pets are locked up too!

Selkie

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom