Beardie Wiggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardieisnearme

Hey guys, I got a question about something involving my beardie Nugget. This is my first time owning a beardie, and it's also my first time experiencing him shed his skin, but I'm not sure if him wiggling around is something he should be doing while he's shedding. His lighting is fine, so is the temperature and humidity in the tank, and he is 4 months old. Is it normal for beardies to wiggle around during the shedding process?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is he scratching his head on stuff rubbing his belly across the floor of the tank ? What do you mean wiggling around ?

beardieisnearme

Original Poster
KarrieRee":tcr493br said:
Is he scratching his head on stuff rubbing his belly across the floor of the tank ? What do you mean wiggling around ?
When he's on his log he looks to be rubbing himself against the log, and I'm not sure if it means he's distressed or uncomfortable.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hes itching-- especially if hes shedding--- spray or mist him in the tank -- when the shed becomes real loost and crackly spray him and take a soft baby tooth brush and gently brush him - it will loosen the shed -- DO NOT PICK IT OFF-- you can or will damage the scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom