Bearded Dragon Hiding In Shade A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I have been posting quite a bit in the past couple of days, I am just concerned about my Bearded Dragon. He has had a small bruise under his mouth for a bit. I used raw honey for about a month and then stopped. I was recently told that I should start using it again so I have. My Bearded Dragon has been hiding in the shade more. This has been going on for about a week or so. The injury is shedding (Or at least I think). The current temp in the basking is 101f. I was wondering if that has been too hot so I moved it higher up so it was about 95f for about 2 days and he was still in the shade more so I moved it back. I have a either T5 or T10 UVB for him. There is no screen under it because someone told me that it blocks out UVB. I really do not know why he is in the shade more. In MA the weather has recently gotten pretty nice, the high is about 75f usually. He is also eating fine. Any responses are much appreciated :D

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he is eating well and not losing weight he is probably OK. Sometimes they just choose to be in the cooler areas which is why we recommend creating a good gradient to give them options. It's good that you tried adjusting your basking light for a few days to see if that was causing a problem. Sounds like he just wants to be in the shade for now, and that's OK. Just keep an eye on his behavior and weight.

TackoFallForPres

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1k09h1g2 said:
If he is eating well and not losing weight he is probably OK. Sometimes they just choose to be in the cooler areas which is why we recommend creating a good gradient to give them options. It's good that you tried adjusting your basking light for a few days to see if that was causing a problem. Sounds like he just wants to be in the shade for now, and that's OK. Just keep an eye on his behavior and weight.

Ok thank you

Mine is doing the same thing, his tank is on the cool side, prob 75 for the summer because we place him outdoors almost everyday and it is hot here. He has 90 weather and plenty of water and direct sun but he chooses to hide everytime! What's up? He is not a veggie fan, he is a meat man and mostly by hand. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom