Mating/Aggressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys I have owned bearded dragons in the past and didnt see the harm of having a male/female being housed together but now I'm older and much more knowledgeable I just have 1 question I understand spring is mating season in the wild I have a male 2-3 yrs old and a female turning 11 mons I have them in 2 different enclosures and I want to be fair and not favor 1 over the other problem is they have been getting fairly aggressive (big beard flattening out mouths open charging waving tails at each other failed nipping ect) and they never where before and the odd thing is is that its not EVERY time I take both of them out sometimes they sit there and be active together run around be petted snuggle and even sleep it all started about 2-3 weeks ago they are the same size if that matters and I dont think it's a dominance or territorial thing its just worrying bc its never been like this before

Gail

BD.org Addict
Are you positive the female is actually female? It sounds like aggression. I absolutely would not take them out together anymore, it only take seconds for a bad bite to happen.
Your younger one is getting mature, the aggression could continue to get worse.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I agree and they should not see each other as well --- I have 2 males same room side by side but the tanks have solid bamboo sides - they only face front towards me --- they have only seen each other once and my oldest had the blackest beard I have every seen----- never again --- they come out but at separate times and not in the same room they are kept in

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Gail":1b3sc7fz said:
Are you positive the female is actually female? It sounds like aggression. I absolutely would not take them out together anymore, it only take seconds for a bad bite to happen.
Your younger one is getting mature, the aggression could continue to get worse.
I got her from a breeder and from what the vet has said shes a female she has been probed before I have had her sense she was about 5-6 weeks old about 6 inches long when I got her

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1id5v82w said:
I agree and they should not see each other as well --- I have 2 males same room side by side but the tanks have solid bamboo sides - they only face front towards me --- they have only seen each other once and my oldest had the blackest beard I have every seen----- never again --- they come out but at separate times and not in the same room they are kept in
Thats the hard thing I really dont have a option I have just a towel covering half his tank so he can't see her but thats it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom