With this improve her sight and health

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you using just for lighting in the tank ? I use a regular 60 watt old style so it gives off some heat - I am using it to increase the middle temps in my tank -- its getting them up in the 90's and now w/ the warmer weather I have had to cut off one of the basking bulbs and shutting the reg watt off during the afternoon -- the LED do not give off heat -- do you need that bright of a bulb ?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Isn't the higher the the lumens the better there sight right or Kelvin ? Because they see more of the spectrum

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
No I just heard that LED lights protect the eyes from constricted pupils and such things from UVB rays and plus more like bouncing around better I've heard

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
1500 lumens is nice and bright. 3000k is soft white like it says which should look like a regular incandescent bulb. It would probably work well enough to brighten the enclosure a bit along with the other bulbs without producing additional heat which would throw off your gradient. Another option would be to get a dual T5 fixture so you could put a T5 UVB tube next to a 6500k daylight grow bulb. I think that's overkill in most cases though. I can't say if it will affect her health either way.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Thanks bud so what does the soft compared to the 1500 do differently ? She see more colors on the spectrum?either way she should see better which would affect her mood right?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
lumens pretty much equates to brightness. the color temperature (3000k) tends to make the light look more yellow (lower number) vs bluer (higher number). That is how it looks to us though, so I'm not quite sure how those equate to what a dragon sees.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
So I need to get something with higher lumens I just shut it off I'm not messing with it because she clearly doesn't like it she's out now and she's Basked a bit and eaten since I've turned it off. Thanks Cooper you've been a big help like always

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom