Baby beardie behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorthebeardiex

Yesterday I brought home Thor our bearded dragon, he is approx 10 weeks old, we are first timers.

Today he still hasn’t drank any water and has been glass dancing and later on tonight he has lay down facing the corner of the viv staring at the wall he then started to dig is this normal behaviour please give us any tips and advice thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He is going thru relocation stress that is normal -- the glass surfing could be caused by many different reasons--- the basking temps should be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate-- UVB NO coils please long tube fixture -- placement and distance is crucial -- what size tank? --- the eating will be off but he should not quit eating all together- how are you giving water?

Thorthebeardiex

Original Poster
Hi, he is still eating crickets but nothing else so may just be a little bit of stress. I’ve got a timed heater and lamp the shop set up so I know that is fine and his tank is 4foot.

We have a water bowl inside and have been putting some on him so he gets a feel of it and knows where it is but no interest

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please go over the lighting --- this is crucial and a lot of pet stores do not give good advice most dont so we always go over the basking temps and how they are being taken and UVB--- these two things I keep asking about are the TWO MOST IMPORTANT things in the tank -- if these are incorrect your dragon will quit eating all together and become sick -- NO colored bulbs NO heat mats NO heat rocks and NO sand please -- the water bowl dragons usually do not drink from them they get most of their hydration from fresh salads of which should be offered every morning - you can use BSFL to lure him to the bowl do not dust them and feed as many as you want -- make sure the crickets are gut loaded they will some moisture from them mainly your greens rinsed before serving -- you want him eating some salads now -- even a little but your best bet is to lure him to the salad bowl w/ the BSFL and some small / medium super worms depending on how big he is --
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
www.symptonbsf.com
please go over the UVB and basking temps- the UVB should be a long tube and depending on the tube T 5 or a T 8 will determine placement and distance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom