Antsy baby dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fam0501

Hi everyone! I purchased a baby bearded dragon almost 6 weeks ago and the first week I was able to hold him every day “several times a day”. NOW....maybe once every two weeks :(

He stares at me from the tank, gets my attention with his hand gesture, lets me feed him by hand “here and there” and pet his head when he’s at rest on the hammock.

Any suggestions?? I’ve tried reaching in from his side to pick him up and all he does is jump around like a jumping jack hissing with his mouth open.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
At the moment he sees the hand as predator by instinct.

Place a desireable looking live worm in your upturned hand and place it where he can see the worm.
He'll soon learn to associate the hand with something nice and learn not to fear your hand. rn

I do this with wild gecko,skinks,dragons,birds and frogs ,works are treat, a bit of patience and they soon learn not to fear me.

Fam0501

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":3ldd3kq4 said:
At the moment he sees the hand as predator by instinct.

Place a desireable looking live worm in your upturned hand and place it where he can see the worm.
He'll soon learn to associate the hand with something nice and learn not to fear your hand. rn

I do this with wild gecko,skinks,dragons,birds and frogs ,works are treat, a bit of patience and they soon learn not to fear me.

Thank you so much!! I will definitely try more with the worms. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom