Extensive glass surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
My beardie woke up from brumation several weeks ago and is pretty much non-stop glass surfing. He eats bugs pretty well, but he barely touches his salad. Maybe a few leaves every few days, but ever since he started showing signs of brumation, he became less interested in his salad. Now he wakes up, basks, and then glass surfs and goes crazy around his enclosure until he gets out. He shows no signs of stress like darkening. Once out of his enclosure, he would run around and sometimes "surf" on the walls, too, but now, as soon as I let him out, he runs over to my bed, jumps on it, and then climbs up by the window and sits there. He's basking after food, but not as long as I would like. How do I get him to be calmer and be in his enclosure more?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hes got "spring fever" -- they get like that after brumation - so letting him out for a few hrs / day will help -- its good hes eating -- get him some BSFL and add to the tops of his salads in the morning the movement will draw his attention to that bowl you will need a ceramic/ glass dish to keep them in --

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've tried mixing bugs with the salad, putting bugs on top, making the salad move, hand feeding, bee pollen powder, and all kinds of greens and toppings. He still doesn't show too much interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom