Hormonal Non-eating Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jupiterjuel

My beardie is a male, almost 3 years old. For about 2 weeks now he’s been head bobbing and running around his viv, and when I let him out to roam, black bearded. But from what I’ve read this is typical hormonal behavior because of the season? But the thing is he hasnt been eating. He’ll run through his veggie dish and ignore his feeders. He will drink water though. Fat pads still look good and he’s still a good weight. But For those who have experienced this, is this typical behavior? Will this pass?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
yes I call it spring fever-- my male does the same thing- he is actually eating more this spring than from the past he too is 3 years old-- he is focused on wanting out --- and doing the head bobbing etc just keep offering him his food and as long as hes staying hy6drated and basking and pooping very little I am assuming since hes not eating much he should be fine-- this will pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom