Beardie attacking DIY hide platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzer

I made a home made platform/ hide back in January and our 6 month old beardie loved it, but for the last 3 weeks or so he keeps going after the structure and attacking trying to eat the corner of the stairs , he even broke a piece of the grout off and ate it. It's always in that same area by the inside corner of the stairs

Why this sudden change in behavior. When we take it out he sulks and won't go back on his cool side until we put it back in. Any ideas what's going on?

109823-4958257512.jpg
109823-9457461298.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hes lacking something in his diet what are you feeding him and do you give supplements? The basking light looks too close - what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? What are you using for a UVB coil or tube? this all plays into the behavior of the dragon

Kyzer

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3jibdc7c said:
Hes lacking something in his diet what are you feeding him and do you give supplements? The basking light looks too close - what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? What are you using for a UVB coil or tube? this all plays into the behavior of the dragon

His basking temps are 104 to 107 the bulb is a 125 w mercury vapor we use two different thermometer probes and leave probe on rock for 45 mins , his UVB is a t5 reptisun that sits 14 inches above the platform he is attacking.

He is almost 7 months. 19 inches from tip of tail to snout. He eats like a champ 40 to 80 large bsfl in the morning and 15 to 40 large crickets in the evening, salad is put in the morning daily it consists of, dandelion greens, collards, baby mustard greens, parsley, cilantro, and carrot, and on the weekend some fruit mixed in the salad. His crickets are dusted with calcium daily, as well as with vitamin on the weekend.

He goes to the bathroom daily sometimes twice.

We thought maybe he does it when he is hungry, but he did it today as he was eating his crickets, I literally had to hold him back as he lunged to bite the stairs.

We removed it again a put one of the half log things in. Do they like to eat Styrofoam or something I don't get why he started doing this after 2 month of having it in their

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you giving calcium D 3 or regular calcium- his tank set up sounds real good-- I would take the hide out styrofoam is not good - we need some others on here to see why he is doing this - Tracie and ahbd can help out w/ this

Kyzer

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2a16y71d said:
Are you giving calcium D 3 or regular calcium- his tank set up sounds real good-- I would take the hide out styrofoam is not good - we need some others on here to see why he is doing this - Tracie and ahbd can help out w/ this

It's the zoo med repti calcium with d3

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Seems that your dragon is seeing an image of or a resemblance of a bug. Can you repaint, regrout or remove some of the greenery in that area and see if it changes. It's not always lighting or heating related, sometimes it something simple!!!

Kyzer

Original Poster
Gormagon":2wk5fbbb said:
Seems that your dragon is seeing an image of or a resemblance of a bug. Can you repaint, regrout or remove some of the greenery in that area and see if it changes. It's not always lighting or heating related, sometimes it something simple!!!

Hey sorry I forgot to mention yea I did remove that fake plant part that was their and did some touch up work to he chipped grout, where he was biting there was no rocks so I glued some rocks on where he was attacking, but none of this has made a difference

I used that color because I thought it looked pretty natural, he only attacks in that one area so it's weird since the color is universal throughout.

Idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom