Should I encourage burrowing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
Do bearded dragons need to burrow?
I know that FlapJack scratches around at night, which might be related to that natural instinct/behavior.. should I get some excavator clay or something for him?
I don't want a loose substrate, but I think you can put it in a portion of the tank?

Hmm, let me know :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah if they want to burrow, especially to settle in for the night, it's helpful to accommodate them in some way. I have small fleece blankets down that allow for burrowing and digging to an extent. A pile of fleece strips or scraps would work in a similar way. Much less messy than soil or sand and it gets the job done for them.

Moved by moderator from General Discussion to Behavior.

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1o18t139 said:
Yeah if they want to burrow, especially to settle in for the night, it's helpful to accommodate them in some way. I have small fleece blankets down that allow for burrowing and digging to an extent. A pile of fleece strips or scraps would work in a similar way. Much less messy than soil or sand and it gets the job done for them.

That is a good idea- I don't like loose messy substrate for many reasons, and that is a nice alternative :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom