Headbutting my dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sizzle

Hello.

I let my beardie Fred free roam the upstairs of my house (I block off stairs, behind TV etc) and often times my dog will follow him around when he's out. There has been a few times I've noticed though that Fred will hop out of his terrarium, run right up to my dog, and headbutt him. At first I was wondering if it was an aggressive lick or just him running into things but just now I watched him do it 4-5 times in a row. Just wondering what that's all about.

Thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't think I've seen that behavior before. Can you take a video and post it? You can upload videos to a host like vimeo or youtube and link here. Do you see him flaring his beard or opening his mouth wide? Those behaviors are usually aggressive.

Sizzle

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3co224av said:
I don't think I've seen that behavior before. Can you take a video and post it? You can upload videos to a host like vimeo or youtube and link here. Do you see him flaring his beard or opening his mouth wide? Those behaviors are usually aggressive.

It's usually spontaneous when he does it so I'll attempt to snag a video. No black beard or flaired beard. He did open his mouth the one time when he went to headbutt. I'll post here again if I can get a video :) thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom