Licking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandstorm licks people a lot. (mostly me though) I know that it might have something to do with the feeling comfortable with you but i never really dug deep into why beardies do it.. anymore information?

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":3vfdxga6 said:
Sandstorm licks people a lot. (mostly me though) I know that it might have something to do with the feeling comfortable with you but i never really dug deep into why beardies do it.. anymore information?

Beardies lick to get a sense of what and who you are; it's an adjunct to smelling you. As much as I wish it had an emotional bonding component, it's simply curiosity - "Food, or not food? Live, or not live? What's this?" They're not like dogs and cats, who will lick out of fondness for you. I wish they were! :)

SANDSTORMtbeardie11

Original Poster
ComicBookMama":96tmrh9l said:
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":96tmrh9l said:

Beardies lick to get a sense of what and who you are; it's an adjunct to smelling you. As much as I wish it had an emotional bonding component, it's simply curiosity - "Food, or not food? Live, or not live? What's this?" They're not like dogs and cats, who will lick out of fondness for you. I wish they were! :)
Oh okay lol :lol: kind of a bummer

ComicBookMama":co034kd4 said:
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":co034kd4 said:

sometimes they still don't understand what it is even after licking it. My beardie tried to eat sunlight, and for some reason just randomly attacked the carpet, grabbed hold of it, and shook his head around lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom