Constant glass surfing in new habitat

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincolnsmom

I have a female bearded dragon that is roughly 3 years old. Three weeks ago, I upgraded her enclosure to a 4 x 2 x 2 enclosure from Zen Habitat. Since I've put her into the enclosure, she has not stopped glass surfing. I figured the first week was normal, but now I am concerned because she hasn't stopped scratching on all sides of the enclosure pretty much 24/7. She is eating and pooping regularly and relaxes once I take her out and let her run around for a bit. I provided a dig box for her in case she was gravid, but she is not interested in digging at all. I am not sure what to do to help her relax or get used to the enclosure. Other info about her set up: she has a 12% UV 36in light from Arcadia, and her temperatures are around 105-110 near her basking spot and 80-85 on the cool end. I temporarily switched out the 36in light with the 22in. in case it was the light that was bothering her, but it did not help. Any advice is welcomed!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I was going to suggest the UVB may be too much try that and see what her behavior does-- is she digging at all ? Has she ever laid eggs before?

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Never understood a dig box beardies like to burrow and Hunt not just mindlessly dig other ways of keeping seem backwards when you've gone bio I've never seen a keeper that converted to bio and ever went back sterile for any and all kept species. Does she have any hides my girl doesn't glass surf when I take her out she'll roam around but eventually she'll come back and want to get into her enclosure other times I'll take her out and she will l immediately want to go back in she she even looks at it I think it's all about how many opportunities you can give them in their home and lighting isn't always about UVB it's about visible light infrared and much more is why I recommend jungle Dawn leds . Could be some reflectionif there's more light on the outside of the enclosure than in it'll have reflection so that's why I try to keep my enclosure lit well I also use the light and shade method

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom