Shedding behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
My beardie amber shes only 8 months and her behavior has shifted she used to eat AND shed but now she has a tiny patch on her neck and her appetite is almost completely gone no greens/veggies 4-5 crickets if I'm lucky 10 or so mealworms/wax worms she used to have a ferocious appetite but now I could wrap her in her soft blanket at 10 am and she will sleep ALL day if i let her I dont know if shes bored of the feeders given I also ordered dubias just in case it is that or just a shedding and not eating cycle I have never experienced that cycle with my beardies before its not parasites nor her seeing her counterpart whos currently brumating himself

Any answers or advice would be appreciated ? rather not get my vets involved unless its dire and not a shedding cycle also its been going on about 3 weeks if that helps thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please go over the UVB brand and bulb and where in the tank is it? NO coils please ---it is not uncommon for them not to eat alot when shedding but 3 weeks is a long time -- and sleeping that much---- basking temps what are they are how are you taking them please NO stick ons

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":71z2kduf said:
Please go over the UVB brand and bulb and where in the tank is it? NO coils please ---it is not uncommon for them not to eat alot when shedding but 3 weeks is a long time -- and sleeping that much---- basking temps what are they are how are you taking them please NO stick ons

Temps 105 -110 basking spot

UVB bulb covers the length of the cage cool side is around 80+

She eats but not much she is active when in her cage active outside but likes to cuddle up and she is pooping fairly well she ate ALL her greens yesterday with mealworms and today ate some wax worms grasshoppers roaches and mealworms no greens though basking is a 100W basking bulb nightlight is a ceramic 100W but i only use it when needed

Temp is taking by temp gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom