Constant glass surfing male

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeralTami

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on my boy who is roughly over a year old.

For the last week at around 2PM he will start relentlessly glass surfing with a black beard until his bedtime. Nothing has changed in his enclosure and it is always clean.

His setup is with a T5HO Reptisun 10.0 over the basking area with a standard heating bulb that heats the area to 100-105 F, the cool side is in the 80s. He has hides on both sides of the enclosure and it is 4ft long.

I leave his enclosure open when I can so he can use his energy but he just never seems to settle down. He will run out of his enclosure with a black beard, calm down, run back in to bask for 5 minutes and then proceed to black beard again and the process repeats.

Is this hormonal or possibly something else? Should I be worried?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It sounds hormonal --- can he see his reflection in his glass? Just to make sure the T 5 you have is it on top of the screen or inside the tank ? Placement is key along w/ distance of the bulb as well
Karrie

FeralTami

Original Poster
He shouldn't be able to see his reflection, the enclosure is mostly wooden, maybe he could see it on the door but he is in a rather brightly lit room.

The tube is mounted inside the enclosure and he is within 6-8 inches of the tube depending on high up he wants to be, sorry should have mentioned that in my post.

If it is hormonal will he calm down at some point?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
For a T 5 the UVB is too close -- it should be at a distance of 12-15 inches NO closer -- and yes it could be his hormones -- mine is glass surfing right now --- he has outitis-- hormones head bobbing etc every Jan he gets this way --- he will be 3 next weekend -- barley eating --- so I have been giving baths more often as hes dehydrated --- Hiccup will do this for a while -- he drives me crazy-- I let him out for a few hrs a day sometime he settles back down or he will go back to glass surfing again --
Karrie

ShaeClark

Beardie name(s)
Gordo
Did you ever figure anything out? Mine is doing the same thing but it's allllll day long. I'm almost to the point of tears because I can't figure it out & he is honestly driving me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom