Acting different than usual

Status
Not open for further replies.

averlynnm

Hey guys! My bearded dragon Sylvester has been acting a little odd the past week. He hasn't been eating much of his food that I have noticed, instead he will just run over it and throw it all around his cage. He also has been constantly walking back and forth at the edge whenever I am not in the room with him. Sometimes he will slowly scratch at the glass. I made sure everything in his cage was good and nothing around him has changed to cause stress. He still looks super healthy and his colours are not dark. He is currently going through a shed on the top of his head but I was not sure if that could be the reason

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The shed could certainly be part of his behavioral changes. Especially when they shed their head it can get them pretty riled up. If you're able to take him out and let him run around a bit and maybe access something somewhat rough like carpet to rub up against it would be helpful.

averlynnm

Original Poster
averlynnm":11d1bru9 said:
Hey guys! My bearded dragon Sylvester has been acting a little odd the past week. He hasn't been eating much of his food that I have noticed, instead he will just run over it and throw it all around his cage. He also has been constantly walking back and forth at the edge whenever I am not in the room with him. Sometimes he will slowly scratch at the glass. I made sure everything in his cage was good and nothing around him has changed to cause stress. He still looks super healthy and his colours are not dark. He is currently going through a shed on the top of his head but I was not sure if that could be the reason
Update, his shed seems to be over and he is still doing this. I have cleaned the cage throughout well and made sure his lighting and heating is all good. Nothing has changed in his tank that could be stressing him out either. I make sure he has food and water everyday. Today, when I took him out to let him roam he was walking back and forth against the wall even out of his cage. I am worried he is stressing or something could be wrong :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Lighting has a lot to do w/ their behavior--- I know you said hes doing even out of the tank but lets start w/ the lighting--- any colored bulbs in the tank? UVB brand and bulb ? where in the tank is it? coil or tube? Basking temps ? how are you taking them?
Karrie

averlynnm

Original Poster
KarrieRee":13wuazwv said:
Lighting has a lot to do w/ their behavior--- I know you said hes doing even out of the tank but lets start w/ the lighting--- any colored bulbs in the tank? UVB brand and bulb ? where in the tank is it? coil or tube? Basking temps ? how are you taking them?
Karrie
No coloured bulbs, for the UVB the brand is Reptisun it is 10.0 UVB. It is on top of his tank on the screen. Basking temp right now is sitting at 105 and I am using a digital thermometer that sticks to his tank

averlynnm

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1qv8uxxa said:
Reptisun it is 10.0 UVB. Is this a coil or a tube?
I was using the tube when this started happening. But a few days ago it went out and I am currently waiting for it to come in so I am using the old coil one I had before as I was unaware they are not good for them so had switched. But he started doing this when it was the tube

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so the coil is going to cause issues as well and since he was doing it w/ the tube too what are you using a T 5 or a T 8? this is really important

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so w/ it being on top of the screen is your screen a fine mesh like a screen door or a more wide open holed type? Placement for the UVB is crucial

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok and the UVB is 12-15 inches w/ NO obstruction I am guessing -- if that is all good -- how old is Sylvester? If he is a juvie it could be hormones kicking in --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom