Erratic behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

eduke1973

I just got a bearded dragon in September and was told it was a boy, took it to the vet on December 3rd and since then it has been running laps around my room acting like its scared or something. Decided to see it and turns out it is female, no lumps in the area, her Temps are good she gets plenty of protein calcium and veggies, broccoli is her favorite. I made her a lay box but she still runs around erratically. Am I doing something wrong? I need help she is my baby

eduke1973":po8digmz said:
I just got a bearded dragon in September and was told it was a boy, took it to the vet on December 3rd and since then it has been running laps around my room acting like its scared or something. Decided to see it and turns out it is female, no lumps in the area, her Temps are good she gets plenty of protein calcium and veggies, broccoli is her favorite. I made her a lay box but she still runs around erratically. Am I doing something wrong? I need help she is my baby
Most Bearded Dragons love to come out of their tank and run around once they are comfortable in their surroundings and they are sure that there are no potential predators around. Besides the running is she acting strange in her cage? You seem to be taking good care of her so maybe this might have something to do with her personality? If anything strange happens please tell me. :)

eduke1973

Original Poster
She does not seem to want to be in her enclosure very much, when she is not running laps around my room she wants to snuggle with me and my daughter

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Lighting and basking temps play a huge role in their behavior-- please go over the lighting
UVB coil or tube? where in the tank is it? top of screen or inside the tank
basking temps what are they are how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate
Karrie

eduke1973

Original Poster
Uvb tube, tank is on a stand next to heater vent, and thermometer is suction cupped to tank and reads 100

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
UVB is brand and bulb please? Is it inside the tank or top of screen --- tube is a T 5 or a T 8 -- the basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- these things I am asking about are crucial the health of your dragon -- if the tank is next to a heater vent I am wondering if its too hot in the tank -- there should be 3 temps in the tank basking for adult 95-110-- middle of tank 90's and a cool side 80's ---
Karrie

eduke1973

Original Poster
Then I need to get her more thermometers, I am getting her a 40 gal enclosure when I get paid, thats all I can afford plus a new uvb bulb and basking light and fixture

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What are you using now for a UVB? What size tank is she in? I am thinking the temps in the tank are too hot -- you need a 24" fixture w/ reflector and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb- no coils they are inadequate and cause all kinds of health issues
Go here and look for the UVB under fixtures
www.pangeareptiles.com and T 5 bulbs---
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so please get a digital probe thermometer ASAP--. I am thinking a 150 watt bulb is way too hot - I only used a 75 watt when my 20 gallon was set UP-- the UVB I have recommended is for a 40+ gallon tank--- they are the best on the market at this time if you need more help please ask
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Most go w/ a textured NON adhesive shelf liner-- or a slated ceramic tile- the tile is good for bigger tanks as some will upgrade to a 75-120 gallon - both can be purchased at your local home improvement store - cut to the size of the tank
Easy clean w/ vinegar and water 50/ 50
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom