Paranoid papa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevane23

Charmander we are guessing around 12 weeks old weve had for 2 weeks now.

Basking area is 105 to 110
Uvb 10.0 tube light
Humidity during day 35ish
Night time creeps up to 45ish

Pooping 1 to 2 times a day normally once

Currently shedding

My problem is couple things
We were able to hold him and now he wont let us and secondly
He is only averaging 12 crickets a day. He has hit higher but rarely

He does however eat his greens not a massive load but some

Do i have a problem or am i just being paranoid

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How big are the crickets? You dont want them to big for him to eat-- the holding time is going to haft to have patience- hold him every day a little at a time - he will become used to it --
Karrie

Kevane23

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2rrwnal2 said:
How big are the crickets? You dont want them to big for him to eat-- the holding time is going to haft to have patience- hold him every day a little at a time - he will become used to it --
Karrie
The crickets are 3/8" easily fits between his eye balls

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So as long as they are good proportion he will eat as many as they can -- have you thought about adding another staple feeder for him- like dubias or BSFL even silk worms? And its good hes eating some salad
Karrie

Kevane23

Original Poster
KarrieRee":ad5nwt5d said:
So as long as they are good proportion he will eat as many as they can -- have you thought about adding another staple feeder for him- like dubias or BSFL even silk worms? And its good hes eating some salad
Karrie
Ive just odderdd some bsfl earlier today not sure of their arrival date but hoping rhe the guy loves thm

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
They are good salad toppers -- add them in front of him to the bowl - you can also hand feed them to him to get him used to your hand --- they are a good compliment to the crickets - dubias are a great staple feeder and easier to use for luring to the salad bowl -
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes but they are small so adding them to the crickets will help -- sorry didnt know you were in Canada- you can feed as many as you want dont dust them -- when he gets older like 5-6 months I would look at getting him some silk worms- they are another great staple feeder
Karrie

Kevane23

Original Poster
Charmander ate 17 crickets today and pretty good salad intake for his age

Thanks again for all the advice

Kevane23

Original Poster
Charmander is start up crushing the food now. Still wont let us hold him. But i gues abiut 2 weeks ago my daughter shreiked and he jumped and almost fell and since then picking him up has been a no go. About a day qgo he let my wife hold him for like 10 seconds. Is this just a time thing now to get over the fear of almost falling? He doesnt appear to have suffered any injuries thankfully

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Keep working w/ him ---- hold him in the tank and work his trust up -- he will come around it may take some time
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom