Possible brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melaniec

If I'm in the wrong forum please direct me to the right one :)
Hello! I have a question about my beardie possibly going into brumation. Last night she went into her hide a few hours before her lights went off, and she's been in there since then (it's now been 24 hours she's in there). I offered her some worms last night and she ate them right up but then went back into her hide and hasn't left. What should I do for her? Leave her light schedule the same & keep offering food in a daily basis?
Also, I can't really tell if she's been more sluggish than usual because she has muscular dystrophy so she isn't *that* active anyways.
Thanks in advance!

NivAndBlu

October is a pretty winter-y month and that is why it just sleeps so much, by spring, It will start acting normal again!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It is possible she is in semi brumation they all slow down in the winter time going to bed earlier etc - but lets rule out her lighting first --- what are you using for a UVB ? coil or a tube fixture and where in the tank is it? Basking temps and how are you taking them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom