RUBBING FACE/BANGING/SCRATCHING ON GLASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello

my beardie is driving me literally insane i can’t take it anymore and i’m asking for help.

108088-7835120051.jpg

108088-7175551443.jpg

108088-2616676740.jpg

every morning i am woken up by Henry doing this and i can’t stop him. he has everything he could possibly need/want. when he first started doing this, i offered him food and water and i took him out. now when he does this, i take him out. he’s also gotten a tad bit aggressive: bobbing at me, trying to bite me, biting/attacking stuffed animals/clothes. his tank is made out of wood, besides the top and front, where the door is, and the material the “glass” is made out of isn’t reflective so i don’t think he can see himself. when i take him out when he’s doing this, he’ll jump out of my hands, run back in, and do the same thing again. i’ll do anything for him to stop

i’m not sure if the two behaviors are related, but he has recently started jumping up to the top, made out of wire, and hanging there. it gets very hot from his heat lamp so i’m not sure why he is doing that.

some basic information:

length: around 22” including tail
being fed: super worms/crickets, greens

tank info:

dimensions: (guessing, built last january so i don’t remember exactly) 45”x26”x37”
temperature: 103° on the hot/basking side, 84° in the middle, 80° on the cool side
in his tank: 2 hides (one cool side, one hot), hammock, log, 2 rocks, food bowls, water bowl

please please help me if you can. anything helps :|

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You have him in a 200 gallon tank???????? You mentioned NO UVB-- do you have a UVB and if so what is it and where is it placed? coil or tube?
Basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer? No stick ons they are inaccurate
Karrie

HenryLucifer

Original Poster
Karrie,

the bulb i have in his tank was given to me by the pet store. they said it was the best i could get him. it is a combination of UVB and the basking bulb/heat. he’s perfectly healthy. the only thing i am concerned about is him being annoying in the morning. (that’s the only time he really bangs on the glass) he’s eating good, and temps are being taken w a digital thermometer, not stick ons :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If your using a coil UVB they are inadequate for tanks bigger than 30 gallon tanks -- you need a long tube fixture -- please do not go by what pet stores tell you -- they are out to make money and more times than we can count they give bad advice- according to the dimensions you gave the tank is almost 200 gallons --- https://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/conversions/
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom