Semi brumation- brumation, or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkrugg9

Why is my boy being so “lazy”? first he laid under the paper towels for 6 days then he finally came out for 2 days, didn’t eat but did get a bath, but then he went to the other side and has been there for 2 days now waking up off and on but not moving. I took his weight a few days before the first time he hid away and he was 358 grams then when we woke for the 2 days I weighed him again (about 14 days between weigh ins) and he was 356 grams. So he’s maintaining weight pretty well. Not sure if he’s in semi brumation or actually brumation or if something else is wrong. I don’t like seeing him like this? He’s 10 months old, basking area is 100 degrees, has T5 fixture with Arcadia 12% tube. The only thing is ambiant air temp isn’t where it needs to be, it’s a bit on the cold side. He has had a fecal, and did have parasites. He was treated for 7 days and is now on his 14 day break before he gets treated for 7 more days then gets another fecal. But if he had them before his first fecal, there is no telling for how long and he never acted this way until after getting treated.

107426-1412062785.jpg
107426-3284114306.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It does sound like brumation. Keep taking weight measurements on the days he is more alert and offer him some water to drink. Losing a little weight is OK but he should remain fairly stable until he is done. Overall weight loss should be under 5% based on my observations from Darwins brumation in past years.

NivAndBlu

I think yo could be correct, I got my bearded dragon at a pretty winter-y time and it just likes to sleep so much even if I take it out. Usually if I had to take out my bearded dragon, It would move around, looking for somewhere high or a place to sleep really, it's just what they do during the winter :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom