Still not basking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Hello again! I not too long ago made a post on this but here it goes again. Ziggy still has continued to not bask very often. She will stay if I put her there for like 20 minutes max but after that back to the cool side, she goes. My temps for her have been perfect 95-100 in basking and about 85 in cool. She's eating great and pooping pretty much every other day I just don't know what the heck is happening. I've been using Evergreen pets MVB since I got her and shes loved it but now she won't freely bask on her own. Is she wanting to brumate? Is she gravid? Next month she will be 1. I'm just super confused. :?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I dont think many of us have heard of the Evergreen pets MVB -- I would change it out especially if its made in China -- it sounds like the MVB could be the issue - I would either switch it out to a Solar Glo 125 for a 40 gallon I am thinking and your gonna haft to get a extra UVB as some do not put out the UVB they need or switch it out to a standard regular UVB - if your tank is a 40 + gallon get a 24" fixture w/ a reflector w/a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb and a bright white basking bulb -- I would start there -- it could be brumation starting it is hard to tell and since most of us on here dont know about the Evergreen product its best to go w/ products that are known to work --
Karrie

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":3t7gluwi said:
I dont think many of us have heard of the Evergreen pets MVB -- I would change it out especially if its made in China -- it sounds like the MVB could be the issue - I would either switch it out to a Solar Glo 125 for a 40 gallon I am thinking and your gonna haft to get a extra UVB as some do not put out the UVB they need or switch it out to a standard regular UVB - if your tank is a 40 + gallon get a 24" fixture w/ a reflector w/a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb and a bright white basking bulb -- I would start there -- it could be brumation starting it is hard to tell and since most of us on here dont know about the Evergreen product its best to go w/ products that are known to work --
Karrie
Ok thank you! I want to get her a repti sun 10.0 T5 but I can never find them in stores I also don't know if i should put two ontop of the tank because she has a 50 gallon and one will only reach half the tank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/wholesale-reptile-hoods-domes-fixtures/1884-reptisun-terrarium-hood-t5-24-zoo-med.html this hood comes w / a 5.0 bulb hand on to it it is similar to a T 8 distance would be the difference when using it
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/t5-uvb-bulbs/1878-reptisun-100-uvb-t5-ho-fluorescent-bulb-22-zoo-med.html
A 50 gallon tank would take this fixture - please call this place and find out shipping times they are out of CA - 916-226-4089 you can also shop on line for this fixture just make sure you check shipping times my go to place is out of stock they have a hard time keeping these fixtures in stock
Depending on the screen on your tank the T 5 can sit on top - if not you can always cut a whole in the screen for the UVB or hang inside - it would fit I can post things to hang w/ --
Karrie

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1yc2ysyh said:
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/wholesale-reptile-hoods-domes-fixtures/1884-reptisun-terrarium-hood-t5-24-zoo-med.html this hood comes w / a 5.0 bulb hand on to it it is similar to a T 8 distance would be the difference when using it
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/t5-uvb-bulbs/1878-reptisun-100-uvb-t5-ho-fluorescent-bulb-22-zoo-med.html
A 50 gallon tank would take this fixture - please call this place and find out shipping times they are out of CA - 916-226-4089 you can also shop on line for this fixture just make sure you check shipping times my go to place is out of stock they have a hard time keeping these fixtures in stock
Depending on the screen on your tank the T 5 can sit on top - if not you can always cut a whole in the screen for the UVB or hang inside - it would fit I can post things to hang w/ --
Karrie
Ok thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom