Handling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmourCharmer93

I’ve had my almost 3 month old beardie and at first I wasn’t scared of petting him or feeding him but now he’s acting frightened when I make sudden moments but doesn’t run away when I put my hand near him. I was cleaning his cage today and I picked up his branch and he started moving towards my hand and I got nervous thinking he was going to bite me so I moved my hand back. I haven’t held him yet bc he started acting this way so I’ve been trying to be patient and not to rush into holding him. I’m also nervous when I do hold him I don’t want him to try and get away or climb up my arm and me freak out. Is there any signs that they try to give you that they want to be picked up? Bc i don’t understand him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need to start handling him now-- he will.flare and hiss that is normal they don't usually bite when little they can depends on dragon----- ours did but working w/ him everyday will curb that---- hold him in the tank approach from side not above they have a 3rd eye on top of their heads for predators- put a piece of clothing blanket or fleece in his hide something with your smell on it to they get used to you --- hand feed every morning a worm piece of salad before feeding add his worms in the salad in front of -- do this every morning so he gets a routine and start building trust-- patience - but you need to start working w/ him
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom