Status
Not open for further replies.

Tia828

108110-8971524224.jpg
108110-9396792068.jpg
108110-543508023.jpg
108110-3728600834.jpg
108110-9869036176.jpg
So Red(not sure on sex) has been a little less active. Wanting to hide in the cave and digging alot. This is all new. Red never really used the hide until recently. Red is about 6 months old(got from pet store in March as a baby). Almost 12inch in length. UVB bulb is 5months old. Hot side is 95 to 103 and cool side is 76 to 83 degrees. Doesn't seem to be eating as much either. Worms once maybe twice a day. Veggies is iffy...kale at most but is offered a wide variety. Reds "room" is cleaned weekly. Fresh water daily(only half way through the day to try and encourage veggies and keep humidity down) calcium dusted mon-thur and muti vitamin sat and sun. Nutrigrubs, superworms, dubias, and hornworms. Gets outside a couple days a weeks sometimes more. Definitely perks up when out of his/her "room" and gives the stink eye when put back in.
108110-9637176767.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the UVB your using? brand and bulb? And what is the long white light in front of the UVB? You need a bright white basking bulb and it needs to be shining down from a dome ---
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please take the cover off the UVB fixture and basking distance needs to be 8-10 inches w/ decor directly underneath -- make the changes and see if his behavior changes --- the cover is blocking the UVB rays --- you need to feed vegies in the morning and putting the worms on top of the salad to entice him to the bowl --- BSFL (nutrigrubs) work good for that --- use as many as you want -- his diet sounds good --- the UVB needs to be changed out here -- they have a expiration of 6 months
Karrie

Tia828

Original Poster
UVB fixture has no cover. It is 9 inch away. I have tried the nutrigrubs in the salad with no luck. Should I do just salad and nutrigrubs in am and wait until lunch time to offer other bugs? Also at what point do I decrease bug intake and vitamin days? I think Reds "room" may have been too hot. I put a small fan on low to help circulate airflow(I do not have central air and its been rather hot this last week) now up and moving around a bit more. I'm going to store in AM to get another thermometer to test it out. Have prob and sticky ones right now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so UVB is getting ready to expire I always change mine out a month before- I would do salad w/ the nutri grubs on top 1-3 worms- let him eat from bowl for an hr or so take a little salad out add his staple feeder-- make sure he sees you doing this adding worms etc-- the movement will get him to that bowl- try feeding him his staple feeder again in the afternoon - mine quit eating in the afternoons about 5 - 6 months- he was getting plenty to eat in the mornings- I was feeding him salad and worms and dubias-- is he scratching in his hide- they will do that to get comfortable- and then go to sleep
Karrie

Tia828

Original Poster
So by 5 to 6 months only needs 1 time a day bug feeding? About how many of each? I have dubias, nutri grubs, superworms, and hornworms

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Keep offering bugs 2 times per day-- he won't eat if he's not hungry- but w/ him eating salad bugs and worms in the morning he may not want them - just make sure he's eating 2-3 hrs before lights off-- you want him eating some salad - if his bugs and worms are in that salad bowl he will get bites of his salads-- :) I was putting in 8-10 roaches in blazes bowl if he eats them all that's good if he didn't he was full
Karriel

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Use 1-3 supers - 1 hornworm and as many nutri grubs as you want
Karrie

Tia828

Original Poster
So Red is now sleeping all the time. I ordered a new UVB bulb waiting on that. Themps are still good. It has been a little hotter than usual so finally turned on A/C in the house to see if that makes a difference. Red didn't even eat today. Came out once and then went back to the cave and buried under the bedding. Last poop was yesterday, ate yesterday not as much as usual but was bulging/puffing eyes out some, was fine running around house and relaxing with us just not when in the tank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Watch basking temps w/ the heat now and you can take him outside for UVB-- place him on you but be careful they will jump off - or use a plastic tote NO glass place him in direct sunlight/ partial shade for 15 minutes no longer and keep an eye on him you don't want to burn him up-- he can sit in you for as long as you can stand the heat
Karrie

Tia828

Original Poster
We have a leash and take him outside from time to time and he does really well. I have just stopped because he's been acting funny.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He needs UVB -- at least every other day - I would be getting him out into the sun until your UVB comes
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom