New Single Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimirae

So, we just discovered our 8-month-old dragon is female - because, eggs. She started with one lonely egg, then next day seemed to lay the rest of the clutch for a total of 28 eggs. Then, 3rd day, she randomly lays another on her basking rock. Just needing some assurance that there isn't anything to worry about her laying over the course of a few days. We have monitored her, kept her hydrated & warm & fed her veggies and dubias and her energy has improved since the large clutch. Thank you for any information you can give!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They say to give extra calcium --- I am gonna flag your post to AHBD shes experienced w/ the egg laying thing
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it sounds like she's doing well so there should be no problem. :) That's a large clutch for an 8 month old, are you sure about her age and was she mated + layed fertile eggs or are these infertile ? If you're able, can you post pics of her, the eggs and her set up ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Kimirae

Original Poster
First, I have to correct age - she's 10 months old.
I posted pics of her clutch, infertile. (She lives alone.) And, I posted the best recent pic I have of her home. Again - we thought she was a he, so we are NOW getting ready to do renovations or at least have a nesting box at the ready for her next time with a digging/tunneling substrate. (clay) We did make a nesting box for her with some damp coconut fiber material so she could dig more properly than at her carpet. but, she laid her eggs in her cave.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your pics didn't post- click on the XIMG at the top of the message box then click.on the pic it should post
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah sometimes they don't lay eggs where we want or expect them to. BTW, no pictures showed up anywhere.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She looks good, still has a decent amount of weight on her so she must have been a big eater. :) She may lay another clutch , even up to 5-6 [ sometimes but rarely more with infertile eggs ] What type of uvb lights do you have ? Good uvb is imperative for calcium absorption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom