Hates bath time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
So, I usually give my girl a bath once a week. I know it's important to keep them clean and hydrated. Last week, she refused to get in the water. I tried lowering her in but she clung to my sleeve and climbed up to my shoulder when he tail touched the water. I waited a few days before trying again. Nearly had the same thing but her skin stayed raised when I pinched it so I knew she was getting dehydrated and she was getting in that water whether she wanted to or not. She clearly didnt want to though.
I always make sure the water isn't too hot. I use an infrared thermometer and never put her in if it reads above 98F. This also isnt the first time she's not wanted a bath. Is this normal? I thought beardies typically love water.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would not force her- if she's eating greens rinse them before serving - make sure her insects are good and gut loaded feed them carrots but not the dragon too much vitamin A--
Watch her poops if the urate- is firm moist and white she's hydrated- extra water coming out is good- most on here only bath if that's the only way they will drink if they have soiled themselves -+ you can drop water on her nose to see if she will drink - or spray her-
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom