Stress marks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my baby fletcher has really bad "stress marks" but only when he is in his tank. When he is out of it and I am holding him, nothing. So I am wondering if something is wrong inside his tank?
I have a T5 uvb 10.0 reptisun on too of the tank outside the lid, then a 75 watt basking bulb inside a fluckers mini sun dome. He eats about 5 to 6 dubias or bsfl a sitting and he has access to water... I know the other day it did get a little too hot inside the tank so I moved things around. But I am at a loss otherwise.... he also keeps closing one of his eyes too....
108397-4543602103.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Closing eye when basking is normal --- how far away is the basking decor piece from your UVB? It should be 8-10 inches from the decor w/ it on top of screen -- what are his basking temps and how are you taking them? No stick ons they are in accurate -- the stress marks could of come from him getting over heated if the temps are correct
Karrie

Mirandasue

Original Poster
I take his temps with a temp gun. Basking spot is 107 other side is 85. His basking spot is about 6 to 7 inches from the uvb. Do you think he is just too close to the uvb?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can try moving UVB up to 8-10 inches-- see if that will work- trial and error- you have the plastic cover off of the bulb? It's clear -
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You have a T 5 on top of screen? Put your basking decor piece approx 8-10 inches directly
underneath it
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so the T 5 is a stronger bulb and if you had it 6 inches from her its too close --- you want it 8-10 inches from basking decor piece
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
It seems to me that babies tend to have stress marks. Some of the more experienced owners can speak to that better, but I think if you know you have your heat and uvb set up correctly and eating/pooping/behavior is all good, then you don't have to worry too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom