New baby doesn’t touch greens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! We just adopted a baby last week and I am getting concerned because he still doesn’t touch the greens we offer. He has had very small bites of strawberry, but not much at all (because if the sugar).
He loves his crickets and dubias. He constantly tries to bite the fake “rocks” in his vivarium which also concerns me- I read they might do this for minerals?

His salad is fresh twice a day. Mustard greens, asparagus, basil, soft sweet potato. Sometimes bell pepper. All finely grated. Should I worry?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Get a bowl glass or ceramic one that insects and worms cant get out of -- order some nutri grubs also know as BSFL phoenix worms or calci worms - order large as they are small they are a great staple feeder and you do not need to dust them- get some small super worms and some horn worms - the horn worms grow fast so order a small amount - you can feed 1-3 supers and 1-2 horn - let him eat from the bowl like an hour or so order from here www.reptilesplus.com here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder- use as many nurti grubs as you want -- after a hr or so take a little salad out and add your staple feeder to the bowl make sure he sees you add these worms to the bowl - the movement will lure him to the bowl - please no more asparagus its not a good staple feeder you need collards turnips mustard and kale greens-- are you dusting the staple feeder w/ calcium D3 and vitamins ? He should be getting the insects dusted once per feeding 5 x per week Calcium D3 and the vitamins 2 x per week
Karrie

SpikesCarol

Original Poster
I’ve ordered the nutri grubs yesterday and some hornworms.

I had read asparagus was good- but I will take it out.
I have been dusting his salad and crickets with a multivitamin and calcium (multi only a couple times so far, the calcium has been five times since we had him - no dusting today.

Thank you for the advice!! He’s just a little guy!

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Congrats! We also have our first dragon, she is about 6 months now. We started her off hand-feeding greens and veggies. At first she would just take a bite here and there, But eventually she started eating them more. I think the important thing is to just make sure that they are being offered every day, which it sounds like you are doing. You could try the hand feeding.

Draven88

Hatchling Member
Getting a baby to eat greens is just like kids some will try it and like it others are willing to hunger strike and avoid it. With time it will get better, but the advice of putting some worms in there will help. Even when trying to get the worm its a good chance they get some greens too, and it helps associate that anything in the bowl IS food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom