Confusing behavior HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diegasmom11

My bearded dragon has been going crazy in her tank lately, moving all over the place. But its like a mixture of glass surfing, going under her leaves and wiggling around in them, going back and forth on her hammock, jumping from her hammock to her hut, legit just moving everywhere in the tank. She’s been like this for the past 4-5 days and she’s never acted like this before. She was lethargic for a few days but not long enough for it to seem like she was brumating. I took her out her tank to roam around my apartment a couple times and she barely roamed around. Her poop has been normal, I’ve given her bathes and she’s still acting “crazy” in her tank. Someone please help :( i feel bad seeing her going “crazy” inside the tank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How old is she? Is she digging at all ? What is the UVB your using brand and bulb and is it a coil or tube? What are the basking temps and how are you taking them? No stick ons? We need to start ruling out some things that can cause the behavior
Karrie

Diegasmom11

Original Poster
She’s about a year and half old. I’m using zoo med’s bulb for both her bulbs. I’m using a flukers digital thermometer and her temp for her basking side is 86 while her heating side is 93 degrees. I have her on carpet but she doesn’t seem to be digging.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The basking spot is 86? That is not hot enough for proper digestion should be 95-110-- this is important- another crucial thing is the UVB-- is it a long tube fixture or a coil that is in a dome? We need to fix this ASAP-- if it's a coil- this could be the behavior issue
Karrie

Diegasmom11

Original Poster
Fudge. I meant her basking is 93. Sorry i get basking and heating confused. But she eats regularly both her salads and crickets. Her UVB is a coil in a dome, which its been since i got her.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That is the reason for the behavior ---- basking temps need to be 95-110 and taken w/ the digital probe thermometer ---- now look on that UVB and tell me what wattage it is---- is it a 13 or a 26 watt? This is crucial ---- if you are using a 13 watt you need to get rid of it ASAP---- she is basically getting NO UVB and that is not good since she is over a year old ---- please tell me what you have
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom