Self Regulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All!

So Merlin's setup is pretty much to what is recommended now. Lighting, temps, etc. I have noticed that he eats and goes to his basking are on top of the rock where the heat and UVB are the strongest (about one hour.) But after that he goes to his tree. Where I believe the UVB wouldn't be hitting him much. He stays there for some time and runs around and doesn't go to his rock until after he eats again. So I thought maybe he just loves laying on the tree so yesterday I moved it so the tree and rock were both in a good uvb area. He then move to a different part all together. I did move it all back as you can see in the picture below and can understand what I'm talking about. My husband thinks I am worrying to much and he knows what he needs and will go to the part of the cage when he needs whats in said areas. Am I truly over thinking it? He is still only eating 10 small crickets a day with very minimal greens. He did gobble up some small pieces of watermelon. But anyways.. is my husband right am 8 just being a paranoid new beardie dad and need to calm down or is there an issue. Thank you all for your time!

-Rob

108082-429565241.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They will go to the light they need --- how big are the cricket your feeding him? If they are a little bigger hes not going to eat as many-- I would recommend you switch him over to dubias - they are a lot better feeder than crickets - you can feed them as well but are alot more care than the dubias and the dubias dont stink chirp fly and more nutritious --- dubias can be kept in a plastic tote or 10 gallon aquarium - fed roach chow and some of the things you feed the dragon - carrots for hydration - do not feed your dragon carrots too tho to much Vitamin A -
Karrie

Lineburgher

Original Poster
Thank you Carrie! In the back of my mind I knew that to be true but I don't want to assume either. I'm a crazy worrying pet parent my dogs could tell you lol We are switching to Dubia but they will not be here until Monday. I ordered them on Sunday. The crickets he is eating now are the small from petco. I don't have many options outside of that where I live. I did order some bsfl for him to so I have everything coming just Gimping along with the crickets.

Lineburgher

Original Poster
He has them available. Collards, peppers, squash, and just a little watermellon I hide at the bottom in hope that he will will eat something else but he flips everything and eats the few watermellon pieces I give him. Once I get bsfl I will put them on top as you recommended previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom