Beardie eating her own eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayte

hi, my beardie recently laid eggs a couple of days ago and i know this because she covered up her little hole that she made for them. however, i couldn’t find them. however, just now, i heard her eating something. i haven’t fed her any dry food pellets in quite a while and have mostly switched to feeding her veggies (and even then it’s mostly hand feeding). none of the food in her enclosure was crunchy, so i looked over to see what she was doing, and i saw her chewing on something with small yellow pieces coming out of her mouth, and she was eyeing an egg. i then saw her proceed to walk up to the egg and eat it! i’ve never seen this behavior before and i can’t seem to find anyone else with information on this. i have taken the eggs out of the enclosure, now that i have found them, but i’m very concerned and confused as to why she was eating the eggs.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The only thing I can think of is for the protein- are you not feeding any insects? She needs protein 2-3 times per week-- I would get her some dubias roaches
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, yes this can happen at times and the eggs are actually a god source of protein and calcium. Beardies are usually pretty hungry after egg laying so be sure to feed her well including a good amount of insects . She just has a good appetite. What are you feeding her + what supplements ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom