How to look for eggs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
My little moms Pancake layed her very first clutch 1 day before her birthday on March 9th (1 month, 1 week, 1 day since).

As it was her very first time and she was only 11 months old, she became egg bound, which was quickly fixed by my vet who induced labor. About 15 minutes later she started laying her eggs on me lolol ???

The reason for this post is that Pancake has dug her very first tunnel, which she never did during her pregnancy.
107227-1511094608.jpg

I am now left in a questioning position. Idk if she is just trying to cool off, or of she's laying more eggs and I need to go digging for them.

What's the best way to do that if the need arises???

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So Pancake has now been in her tunnel for almost 24 hours.
I wouldnt say she is lethargic because she continues to make the cave deeper. How much longer do you think she will stay in there?? She started rejecting food upon going into her tunnel as well.

Does this mean she is going to lay more eggs????
I have already contacted the vet and they said to just try giving her another oxytocin injection to see if she lays.

But what am I going to do if she doesn't lay any eggs after the injection??

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The oxy almost always makes them lay. She should lay herself though if she is digging like that. I'd give her a little more time and see what happens.

She will leave her tunnel once she has laid her eggs.

-Brandon

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok, so this is normal laying behavior then??

With her first clutch she basically refused to dig. I made her a lay box and then because she wouldn't use it I moved the sand mixture to her cage upon vet instructions.

2 weeks later she still refused to dig and just kept glass surfing her cage and walls if we let her out, so I took her to be induced.

I'm only worried because she won't come out :/

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok so Pancake let me take her our of her cave this morning
. I can't feel any eggs and she doesn't look overly round like last time ? although she did gain about 60 g since she last layed.

I didn't ruin it or anything - just pulled her out to give her a bath cause I know she's cold after being in there over 24 hours. She had a bm while bathing and then decided to eat breakfast today too. 1 medium/large dubia, 12 calcium worms and 6 super worms. She took some liquid vitamin today as well

Also used my hands and flashlite to check for eggs in the back but nada. Gonna put her back and see what she does

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, Pancake has now been hiding in her tunnel for 2 weeks. Last week she only came out for 1 & 1/2 days.

On the day she came out, she ate breakfast, basked a lot and then had a very runny poop (which I expect is because she was hiding most of the week before). After her bm she started refusing food, but kept basking. She also slept on her basking spot as Well, but retreated to her cave the following morning.

I have been in contact with my vet, but I'm wondering if anyone here has opinions???

She has never his this long before besides during brumation so I'm not sure what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom