My dragon hates new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have figured it out. How did I get a dragon that’s like my kids and husband????

He doesn’t want to try new things. He didn’t eAt for 2-3 days except For mealworms, which is what he’s gotten most of his life (I think). He didn’t like his tank decorations and walked on the other side of the tank, until he tried to eat them (because he didn’t want the food I gave him) then I took them out. He won’t use his new hide, but loved his (literally) poopy cave that the feces smell would not bleach out if and I had to get rid of.

He won’t eat the bsfl, super worms, OR dubia but picks out the meal worms and horn worms.??‍♀️??

He hides under a log that only covers his body, not his tail.

He’s not super happy hangin Out with me. I think I’ve changed too many things for him. He’s a cranky old man lmao.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's pretty common for them to become set in their ways. They can change their tune but it can take a lot of time and patience once they have a routine set up. =)

Moving this thread over to Behavior from General Discussion.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Beansdragons":3cvt4dd7 said:
I think I’ve changed too many things for him. He’s a cranky old man lmao.
Interesting (and funny)... My teenage dragon loves changes to his enclosure, and I'm a cranky old man. :lol:

Just shows to go ya, everyone (and every dragon) is different. IME, most pets like structure (rules) and can get set in their ways--some outright rutlike. :laughing6: Occasionally, I've had to make some changes to ZARDOZ' enclosure, and sometimes I make changes to provide some "enrichment". Either way, it doesn't stress him beyond my getting the occasional stinkeye, and I get that from him anyway. :lol:

What makes you think you've changed too many things for yours?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Changing that stuff sounds reasonable to me. Let him sulk for a few days if he wants, but I expect he'll come around once he's gotten everything to stink like him again. :lol:

FWIW, Z rarely uses his hides, and when he does, some part of him always sticks out. He's only slept in one on 2 occasions; he seems to prefer camping out in the open, which tells me he's not concerned/worried about anything. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom