Strange behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louuh2509

Hi guys, Im a little concerned about my beardie. Things have been great at the moment but just recently shes gonna a bit weird. Nessie knows when her lights come on and off as they are on a timer and goes straight to bask after about an hour but recently when she wakes up she stays where she is looking really sleepy for about 4 hours. When I pick her up and move her she goes straight to the heat lamp and seems okay but then spends all day with basically a black beard. Shes pooping fine, heating is 98.2 f and between 66 and 75 f in cool end. Eating fine as well; kale, crickets, wax worms and hoppers. Shes roughly 7 months old and has just had her big shed! Am I worrying too much or is it something else?

150W heat lamp
25W T8 UVB

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
She may need those temps bumped up a bit, at least on the cool end. Is your UVB a long tube, and how/where is it, and what is the basking surface temp? All of those things combine to affect health one way or another. :0)

Louuh2509

Original Poster
Yeah they are long tubes, they are located from the far left to just over half way past the middle of the viv (if that makes any sense lol). The surface temp is usually between 100 to 115 f.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
Louuh2509":3t8byxqt said:
Yeah they are long tubes, they are located from the far left to just over half way past the middle of the viv (if that makes any sense lol). The surface temp is usually between 100 to 115 f.
It does. Next question for UVB is do you have it on screen cover or inside tank, and what distance from beardie/basking spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom