Staying under log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mflav

Finally I got Dubia bin temps where they should be However.... Oscar has been “off” past few days. Not really basking or eating salad. This am he stayed under his log until I took him out 2 hrs after lights on . He stayed in same spot I put him for about 20min and he’s back under log now

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Mine did that a few days ago, but it was a day or 2 after he pigged out on bugz-n-worms, so I was guessing he was a tad plugged up, and that bore out. After a Drax-sized poop, he was his normal self again.

Sorry, I don't know how old Oscar is. There's also a possibility--albeit sleight--that he could be gearing down for brumating. This could actually be good for you, allowing your dubia colony to grow/mature while he's not decimating their num-num-bers. :lol:

Mflav

Original Poster
No he’s only about 9-10mon old and temps here’s are nearing 70 today spring is coming!!!! I think it’s just taking a while for his stomach to get used to the switch from crickets to the roaches I gave him a nice long warm soak and he passed a big long poop about 4 inches long I’ll see if he seems better today he hasn’t gone in a few days but that’s not unusual for him

Mflav

Original Poster
Oscar still isn’t acting himself. Still staying in one spot not eating much and now not much interested in his live feeders(dubias) which is most unusual. Help! He is pooping bit not on own I soak him after 2 days

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Need to go over lighting-- UVB brand and bulb? Coil or tube? Where is it in tank? Top or inside? Basking temps? How are you taking them?
Karrie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Probably a good idea to go over lighting w/ Karrie, but I wouldn't necessarily rule out brumation. Some sources say they won't begin until 10 mo., but others claim it can happen earlier--depends on the individual. Some dragons have also been known to go through a kind of semi-brumation stage.
https://www.exoticdirect.co.uk/news/bearded-dragon-brumation

How long since Oscar's last fecal exam for parasites?

Mflav

Original Poster
fecal would be clean last was about 6 mon ago and his diet consists of nothing that causes parasites. It’s just turning spring here and it’s been going on for about 1 month. Is it too late is season for burmation?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would say so- I can see being lazy- but still eating basking awake -- please go over your lighting so we can at least rule that in or out
Karrie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Mflav":3s4rrxpo said:
fecal would be clean last was about 6 mon ago and his diet consists of nothing that causes parasites. It’s just turning spring here and it’s been going on for about 1 month. Is it too late is season for burmation?
Brumation can occur at any time. Some do it in winter; others do it in summer (remember the seasons are flipped down under).
Let's rule out the lighting first, then let us know about his diet. :wink:

Mflav

Original Poster
All diet and lighting perfect gone through this before. I didn’t realize burmation could of happened anytime. I kind of had a feeling that may be it. He’s not sleeping can they go through a semi-burmation?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He can-- are you keeping track of his weight? If not I would start- if he's losing a lot of weight he needs to go in to the vet--- my 9 month old has slowed his eating and is napping more but basking in morning- and laying under his basking light on the floor of his tank in afternoon--
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
As long as hes eating basking not losing weight and pooping I wouldnt worry to much about him then - hes just kicking back and relaxing --- as long as hes normal sometimes they get lazy and just have no motivation --- its when they are losing weight and not doing the things like they normally do is when we need to get concerned
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom