Stressed Beardie??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkrugg9

Original Poster
KarrieRee":153ygl86 said:
The 5.0 tube is equivalent to a T 8 - so the 10 inches is good - the T 5 will need to be 12-15 inches from decor if inside the tank ---
Karrie

The T5 with the 10.0?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Dkrugg9":3a5dvf9v said:
Now I know I might be getting annoying on this? but, I need a straight forward answer. Yes or No lol
What, now you're getting a noying as well as a bearded dragon? :roll:

Will the T5 hood with 5.0 tube be sufficient enough for my beardie at 10 inches hanging directly above him inside the tank???
Straightforward, IMO, No. The 10.0 is the strength intended for bearded dragons, so if you have one, use it, and forget about the 5.0 (Save it for the kind of lizard it's intended for, or use it in a pinch if your 10.0 fails or you have a problem replacing the 10.0 bulb). :wink:

My T5 hood is 30 inches with the 22 inch tube in it, so it spans almost the whole tank, at least 80% of it anyway.
That can't be correct. Either your hood is 24" or your tube is 28". A 22" tube won't fit a 30" hood/fixture.

Whatever you do have, it doesn't need to span the entire tank, and it shouldn't. It only needs to span 2/3 to 3/4 of the tank, and some folks' setups only span 1/2 the tank. What you need is for your BD to be able to get away from the UV if he wants to, without necessarily hiding.

I moved some decor around and he hasn’t been hiding near as much, if at all anymore and is loving the way I have it set up now. .... I don’t want to change things around on him again when he seems to be loving this set up.
Changing things up occasionally can be a good thing; it can provide enrichment. I leave my lighting & basking sites constant (because they took a while to establish & balance) but I move other stuff (plants, rocks, logs) around every few months to give him something different to explore & "play" on. The only thing he likes better than stomping on new/relocated plants is chowing down worms & num-numz. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom