It's Been a Week of "Firsts"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
This past week (or so) must be some kind of developmental passage threshold! :dontknow:
At 20 weeks (5 months), ZaRDoZ has exhibited a number of behaviors he's never demonstrated before. IOW,

This week is/was the first time he's...

• Pooped on top of his Basking Tower (the accompanying liquid dripped down into the tiles & bricks. :bleick: I had to tear the whole thing down to clean up the stinky. :angry5:
  • Slept under the Basking Tower in the lowest (floor-level) hide.
  • "Posed" on his granite boulder (rather than up against a planter or the Tower).
  • Explored all the hides/cavities/holes in the Tower within an hour.
    (More adventurous/intrepid)
  • Dove headfirst & face-planted in his bowl from the very top of the Tower
    (Gotta get dem num-numz!)
  • Licked/tasted the tip of his own tail :?: :!:
  • Tore out one of the plant ID tags (3 times, and I replaced it 3 times! :lol: )
  • Ripped/dug out a (different) plant, making a mess (surprised it took him this long! :lol: )
  • Pressed/wedged his belly up against the glass door (horizontally) & tried to sleep that way! :lol:
  • Tried to slide open the glass door with his arms/claws--presumably to escape/get out.
    ...Either that or he farted and was trying to get away from it. He looked really frantic! :laughhard: )

And finally...
  • Got constipated (See: ZaRDoZ--No Poops Given...)

Your dragon do anything weird/different for the first time this week? ?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
MrSpectrum":1o3m8p2y said:
This past week (or so) must be some kind of developmental passage threshold! :dontknow:
At 20 weeks (5 months), ZaRDoZ has exhibited a number of behaviors he's never demonstrated before. IOW,

This week is/was the first time he's...

• Pooped on top of his Basking Tower (the accompanying liquid dripped down into the tiles & bricks. :bleick: I had to tear the whole thing down to clean up the stinky. :angry5: He was testing your cleaning abilities for future reference (be prepared)
  • Slept under the Basking Tower in the lowest (floor-level) hide. He decided to get a motel room instead of sleeping under the stars[/b]
    [*]"Posed" on his granite boulder (rather than up against a planter or the Tower) Working on his portfolio for "Playbeardie" magazine, lol!!!
    [*]Explored all the hides/cavities/holes in the Tower within an hour. Looking for who ever it was that pooped on his basking mountain
    (More adventurous/intrepid)
    [*]Dove headfirst & face-planted in his bowl from the very top of the Tower
    (Gotta get dem num-numz!)He'ssayig his num nums should have there an hour ago, lol
    [*]Licked/tasted the tip of his own tail :?: :!: That's just creepy, lol
    [*]Tore out one of the plant ID tags (3 times, and I replaced it 3 times! :lol: ) He doesn't like said tag... does not fit his idea of good dragon cave decor
    [*]Ripped/dug out a (different) plant, making a mess (surprised it took him this long! :lol: )Same as above.... He doesn't think it works for him!!!
    [*]Pressed/wedged his belly up against the glass door (horizontally) & tried to sleep that way! :lol: He saw a pic on here of another dragon doing it so he was seeing what all the fuss was about, lol
    [*]Tried to slide open the glass door with his arms/claws--presumably to escape/get out.
    ...Either that or he farted and was trying to get away from it. He looked really frantic! :laughhard: )He was trying to get the num nums himself so he wouldn't have to dive off the mountain again, lol

And finally...
    [*]Got constipated (See: ZaRDoZ--No Poops Given...)

He was just "testing you" only this time it was to see how long it would take you to panic, LMAO!!!!!
Your dragon do anything weird/different for the first time this week? ?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
DragonPete":xpupu0mj said:
Lol! You should have just started this in Beardies Tales. ?
-Dee
I considered it, but a lot of these were changes in established behaviors, and observing/studying their behaviors is the best way I know of getting to understanding them.

I've got a whole spiel on how dogs & cats spend much of their lives observing/studying our behaviors, which is how they seem to be able to read our minds at times. Woogie-woogie-woogie! :shock:

I think that likely extends to dragons as well as other animals. We study them while they study us. Let's hear it for interspecies communication! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
OK, who wound Gormagon up? :roll:
Somebody tell the bartender/barista/budtender to cut 'im off--he's had enuff! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
MrSpectrum":2xqa34b6 said:
OK, who wound Gormagon up? :roll:
Somebody tell the bartender/barista/budtender to cut 'im off--he's had enuff! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Got woke up by really close cannon fire at midnight, turns out it was thunder :shock: :shock:
Saw this and..... welllll, you know!!!! Was just having fun, lol!!!

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
We've progressed beyond that week now, but I just got him to take a slice of strawberry, and a few hours later, half a raspberry. Still turns up his nose at a small blueberry and half a blackberry, and no repeat on the strawberry... :?

[Sigh...] :|

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Yep, they are hit and miss on a lot of fruits. Keep trying different things and you might find something he really likes.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He has seemed to like a lot of things... once, and only once. :dontknow:

I forgot I had pictures of some of the "firsts" in the OP. I'll try to edit them in tomorrow...

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
_
FIRST HEAD BOBBING!

While eating (my) lunch a few minutes ago (he had already gobbled his down) I was alerted to a cacophony coming from the enclosure. He was glass-surfing (sometimes does that after a meal) and trying to claw the sliding door open. I wish I could get it on video, it's a scream. :lol:

As I stood up to make sure everything was alright (he's taken to flinging 2" square slate tiles around, making a heck of a racket) I caught him bobbing his head. This is a another first. My little asshat is becoming a ma... er... BIG asshat. :dontknow:

I know he wants out, but I also know he's full of num-numz & supers, and hasn't taken a dump in 2 days. I can wait. :roll:

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
MrSpectrum":3tlnp52w said:
I know he wants out, but I also know he's full of num-numz & supers, and hasn't taken a dump in 2 days. I can wait. :roll:

So your telling us that you don't have a special (hold your dragon under possible poopie conditions) shirt???? Wow, I thought everyone had one of those,LOL!!!

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":qt6jbn43 said:
MrSpectrum":qt6jbn43 said:

So your telling us that you don't have a special (hold your dragon under possible poopie conditions) shirt???? Wow, I thought everyone had one of those,LOL!!!
I have a couple of absorbent towels DW picked up specifically for dragon purposes; I just don't relish the thought of his flash-flood accompanied poops soaking through & running down the rest of me. I remember Clint's admonition that a BD pooping on you can be a real day-changer, and I've had enough of those of late. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom