It's Been a Week of "Firsts"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
This past week (or so) must be some kind of developmental passage threshold! :dontknow:
At 20 weeks (5 months), ZaRDoZ has exhibited a number of behaviors he's never demonstrated before. IOW,

This week is/was the first time he's...

• Pooped on top of his Basking Tower (the accompanying liquid dripped down into the tiles & bricks. :bleick: I had to tear the whole thing down to clean up the stinky. :angry5:
  • Slept under the Basking Tower in the lowest (floor-level) hide.
  • "Posed" on his granite boulder (rather than up against a planter or the Tower).
  • Explored all the hides/cavities/holes in the Tower within an hour.
    (More adventurous/intrepid)
  • Dove headfirst & face-planted in his bowl from the very top of the Tower
    (Gotta get dem num-numz!)
  • Licked/tasted the tip of his own tail :?: :!:
  • Tore out one of the plant ID tags (3 times, and I replaced it 3 times! :lol: )
  • Ripped/dug out a (different) plant, making a mess (surprised it took him this long! :lol: )
  • Pressed/wedged his belly up against the glass door (horizontally) & tried to sleep that way! :lol:
  • Tried to slide open the glass door with his arms/claws--presumably to escape/get out.
    ...Either that or he farted and was trying to get away from it. He looked really frantic! :laughhard: )

And finally...
  • Got constipated (See: ZaRDoZ--No Poops Given...)

Your dragon do anything weird/different for the first time this week? ?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
MrSpectrum":1o3m8p2y said:
This past week (or so) must be some kind of developmental passage threshold! :dontknow:
At 20 weeks (5 months), ZaRDoZ has exhibited a number of behaviors he's never demonstrated before. IOW,

This week is/was the first time he's...

• Pooped on top of his Basking Tower (the accompanying liquid dripped down into the tiles & bricks. :bleick: I had to tear the whole thing down to clean up the stinky. :angry5: He was testing your cleaning abilities for future reference (be prepared)
  • Slept under the Basking Tower in the lowest (floor-level) hide. He decided to get a motel room instead of sleeping under the stars[/b]
    [*]"Posed" on his granite boulder (rather than up against a planter or the Tower) Working on his portfolio for "Playbeardie" magazine, lol!!!
    [*]Explored all the hides/cavities/holes in the Tower within an hour. Looking for who ever it was that pooped on his basking mountain
    (More adventurous/intrepid)
    [*]Dove headfirst & face-planted in his bowl from the very top of the Tower
    (Gotta get dem num-numz!)He'ssayig his num nums should have there an hour ago, lol
    [*]Licked/tasted the tip of his own tail :?: :!: That's just creepy, lol
    [*]Tore out one of the plant ID tags (3 times, and I replaced it 3 times! :lol: ) He doesn't like said tag... does not fit his idea of good dragon cave decor
    [*]Ripped/dug out a (different) plant, making a mess (surprised it took him this long! :lol: )Same as above.... He doesn't think it works for him!!!
    [*]Pressed/wedged his belly up against the glass door (horizontally) & tried to sleep that way! :lol: He saw a pic on here of another dragon doing it so he was seeing what all the fuss was about, lol
    [*]Tried to slide open the glass door with his arms/claws--presumably to escape/get out.
    ...Either that or he farted and was trying to get away from it. He looked really frantic! :laughhard: )He was trying to get the num nums himself so he wouldn't have to dive off the mountain again, lol

And finally...
    [*]Got constipated (See: ZaRDoZ--No Poops Given...)

He was just "testing you" only this time it was to see how long it would take you to panic, LMAO!!!!!
Your dragon do anything weird/different for the first time this week? ?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
DragonPete":xpupu0mj said:
Lol! You should have just started this in Beardies Tales. ?
-Dee
I considered it, but a lot of these were changes in established behaviors, and observing/studying their behaviors is the best way I know of getting to understanding them.

I've got a whole spiel on how dogs & cats spend much of their lives observing/studying our behaviors, which is how they seem to be able to read our minds at times. Woogie-woogie-woogie! :shock:

I think that likely extends to dragons as well as other animals. We study them while they study us. Let's hear it for interspecies communication! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
OK, who wound Gormagon up? :roll:
Somebody tell the bartender/barista/budtender to cut 'im off--he's had enuff! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
MrSpectrum":2xqa34b6 said:
OK, who wound Gormagon up? :roll:
Somebody tell the bartender/barista/budtender to cut 'im off--he's had enuff! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Got woke up by really close cannon fire at midnight, turns out it was thunder :shock: :shock:
Saw this and..... welllll, you know!!!! Was just having fun, lol!!!

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
We've progressed beyond that week now, but I just got him to take a slice of strawberry, and a few hours later, half a raspberry. Still turns up his nose at a small blueberry and half a blackberry, and no repeat on the strawberry... :?

[Sigh...] :|

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Yep, they are hit and miss on a lot of fruits. Keep trying different things and you might find something he really likes.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He has seemed to like a lot of things... once, and only once. :dontknow:

I forgot I had pictures of some of the "firsts" in the OP. I'll try to edit them in tomorrow...

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
_
FIRST HEAD BOBBING!

While eating (my) lunch a few minutes ago (he had already gobbled his down) I was alerted to a cacophony coming from the enclosure. He was glass-surfing (sometimes does that after a meal) and trying to claw the sliding door open. I wish I could get it on video, it's a scream. :lol:

As I stood up to make sure everything was alright (he's taken to flinging 2" square slate tiles around, making a heck of a racket) I caught him bobbing his head. This is a another first. My little asshat is becoming a ma... er... BIG asshat. :dontknow:

I know he wants out, but I also know he's full of num-numz & supers, and hasn't taken a dump in 2 days. I can wait. :roll:

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
MrSpectrum":3tlnp52w said:
I know he wants out, but I also know he's full of num-numz & supers, and hasn't taken a dump in 2 days. I can wait. :roll:

So your telling us that you don't have a special (hold your dragon under possible poopie conditions) shirt???? Wow, I thought everyone had one of those,LOL!!!

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":qt6jbn43 said:
MrSpectrum":qt6jbn43 said:

So your telling us that you don't have a special (hold your dragon under possible poopie conditions) shirt???? Wow, I thought everyone had one of those,LOL!!!
I have a couple of absorbent towels DW picked up specifically for dragon purposes; I just don't relish the thought of his flash-flood accompanied poops soaking through & running down the rest of me. I remember Clint's admonition that a BD pooping on you can be a real day-changer, and I've had enough of those of late. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom