Status
Not open for further replies.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Hi Everyone!

My dragon has lived in the same conditions daily. Temp and humidity are fine, always has food and places to hide. Honestly, I think this recent behavior is my fault.

I let him sit on the cat tree one day to look out the window, and now he's hooked! He wants to be out for hourssss now, even when he's getting cold! Sometimes his behavior borders on temper tantrum. He'll run around his cage, glass surf, jump... his newest stunt? Grabbing onto the top mesh and swinging from it :oops: :oops: Thank goodness he wasn't hurt.

Is my beardie bored or something? How can I keep him entertained even when I want him to chill in the tank for a while? I work from home and his cuteness is very distracting lol :)

Selkie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like spring fever has sprung--- mine was doing the wall surfing for 2 weeks every morning didnt want to bask didnt want to eat just wanted OUT ---------- drove me crazy sometimes even 2 hrs was not enough out time --- he has finally calmed down now and quit the surfing thing and seems content again in the tank ----------- but it was driving me crazy as well and I work from home too so ---------- know what your going thru
Karrie

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
KarrieRee":3q5e0jk4 said:
Sounds like spring fever has sprung--- mine was doing the wall surfing for 2 weeks every morning didnt want to bask didnt want to eat just wanted OUT ---------- drove me crazy sometimes even 2 hrs was not enough out time --- he has finally calmed down now and quit the surfing thing and seems content again in the tank ----------- but it was driving me crazy as well and I work from home too so ---------- know what your going thru
Karrie

Oh! Is it some type of nature hormone thing? What did you do to get your beardie to chill? I literally feel like I own a reptilian toddler right now =_= Reminds me of this scene from Bambi xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwXozFxk01A
Twitterpated

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I brought him out as much as I could --- let him chill in the LR on the chair in front of the window - let him run the LR floor - tried to accommodate him as much as I could - he eventually went back to being a happy camper in his tank -
Karrie

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
KarrieRee":crhk31rx said:
I brought him out as much as I could --- let him chill in the LR on the chair in front of the window - let him run the LR floor - tried to accommodate him as much as I could - he eventually went back to being a happy camper in his tank -
Karrie

Do both males and females act like this? o__O I'm wondering how his hormones know it's spring! It's been pretty crappy and chilly here in SC!

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Selkie1993":1xvxbvge said:
My dragon has lived in the same conditions daily. Temp and humidity are fine, always has food and places to hide. Honestly, I think this recent behavior is my fault.
Yup. :lol:

I let him sit on the cat tree one day to look out the window, and now he's hooked! He wants to be out for hourssss now, even when he's getting cold! Sometimes his behavior borders on temper tantrum. He'll run around his cage, glass surf, jump...
As the WWI song goes...

"How Ya Gonna Keep 'em Down on the Farm After They've Seen Paree?"

Is my beardie bored or something?
He's tasted ***FREEDOM***, my friend. :D That's a tough act to follow! :lol:

In our first apartment, we had a hamster named T.H. in an aquarium covered with a screen top. One day (night, actually--they're nocturnal :wink: ), T.H. escaped by pushing the screened lid up and squeezing through the gap. We recovered her and put her back, but she spent the rest of her life standing on top of her wheel, trying to lift/push the lid up again.

First, we put a book on the lid. Then it was two books, then a dictionary. Eventually, it was two bricks, and this little 4½ oz. hamster had arms like Arnold Schwarzenegger (in his prime). :roll:

All this despite our getting her a hamster ball, and allowing her pretty much free reign each evening (until she'd get stuck/hung up behind a door or something...) :roll: :lol:

Maybe get him a little TV tuned to the "Bearded Dragon" channel? :lol:
...or if it's hormones, the Playdragon channel? :laughhard:

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
MrSpectrum":10urijop said:
Selkie1993":10urijop said:
Yup. :lol:

I let him sit on the cat tree one day to look out the window, and now he's hooked! He wants to be out for hourssss now, even when he's getting cold! Sometimes his behavior borders on temper tantrum. He'll run around his cage, glass surf, jump...
As the WWI song goes...

"How Ya Gonna Keep 'em Down on the Farm After They've Seen Paree?"

Is my beardie bored or something?
He's tasted ***FREEDOM***, my friend. :D That's a tough act to follow! :lol:

In our first apartment, we had a hamster named T.H. in an aquarium covered with a screen top. One day (night, actually--they're nocturnal :wink: ), T.H. escaped by pushing the screened lid up and squeezing through the gap. We recovered her and put her back, but she spent the rest of her life standing on top of her wheel, trying to lift/push the lid up again.

First, we put a book on the lid. Then it was two books, then a dictionary. Eventually, it was two bricks, and this little 4½ oz. hamster had arms like Arnold Schwarzenegger (in his prime). :roll:

All this despite our getting her a hamster ball, and allowing her pretty much free reign each evening (until she'd get stuck/hung up behind a door or something...) :roll: :lol:

Maybe get him a little TV tuned to the "Bearded Dragon" channel? :lol:
...or if it's hormones, the Playdragon channel? :laughhard:

LOL!
Believe it or not, I do leave the TV on downstairs when I need to work in the office. Sometimes it helps, sometimes he's just like OUT!!! Meanwhile, when he is out, he'll just run the same big circle V_V
So, is it hormones and freedom??? X_X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom