Scaredy beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesskahmorgan

I have a baby bearded dragon that I bought at a reptile rally in the middle of October named Arlo. He is literally scared of everything. I get him out every day from the time I get home from work until the time we go to bed and hold him, let him explore his territory a little bit, but he is super clingy and wants to crawl up into my hair and hide. Is this something that generally goes away with time. He is between 5 and 6 months old and was only as big as my pinky finger when I got him and barely six weeks old, so at first I thought it was because he was so small but now he is 16 inches from head to tail (huge for his age) and he doesnt seem to be getting much calmer. I'm beginning to think it is just his temperament because this is not my first bearded dragon, he is just the first baby that I have raised from such a young age. Is this something I should be worried about or will he grow out of it in time??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am sure he will grow out of it somewhat in time - and it could be his temperament- its hard to say - they tend to mellow out more as they get older - Hiccup was some what the same way when we got him as well but in time hes 2 now hes mellowed out but he still scares easily - thats just him --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom