My Juvenile is still scared of me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoto

He won't ever let me pick him up for feeding time or bath time. Not only that but he'll try to squirm whenever I do get him.

About 10 mins ago he actually hissed at me but luckily no bites. Idk if it has to do with him glass surfing but I am getting a background for him soon.

Just wanted an expert's opinion on it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It takes time I have had mine since last Sept he is now 7 months old and is just now calming down - keep working w/ him - take a piece of your clothing or old blanket scrap something w/ your smell on it and put it in his hide - he will get used to your smell also hand feed him - I started out right away w/ the hand feeding - it will get him used to your hand - and have your hand in the tank a lot - cleaning getting food dishes in and out etc................ hold him in the evening when he is ready to go to bed and lights off - that is a good time as hes not so rambunctious-- talk to him -- Blaze actually came to the food dish yesterday morning when I was putting his dubias in his dish - he was right there watching and going after the bugs as I was putting them in -- he has not done this - so it takes patience eventually he will come around -- look how long its been w/ mine--- dragons have their own personalities and they learn to trust - they are all different
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom