Window surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin124

My Beardie Merlin has been sitting at a side of a window with his front feet on the glass and just surfs and scratches at it all day... why?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How big is the tank ? Can he see himself? Usually that means they want out but we need to see if there is something going on inside the tank itself--- what are your basking temps ? UVB what brand and bulb are your using ? We dont want the tank too hot -- so give us a rundown of the husbandry itself
Karrie

Merlin124

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1666dm7r said:
How big is the tank ? Can he see himself? Usually that means they want out but we need to see if there is something going on inside the tank itself--- what are your basking temps ? UVB what brand and bulb are your using ? We dont want the tank too hot -- so give us a rundown of the husbandry itself
Karrie

Added the t5ho uvb. basking temps are 105 but it might be too hot because the only way to get it that high is with the heat ight on turned it off today seeing what that does.
He can sort of see himself

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
105 is being taken w/ a digital probe or infrared heat gun?
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I suggest moving the UVB light so that it is sitting next to the basking light and shining directly downward rather than at an angle. It looks like you have a compact UVB light in the dome fixture and a T8 sitting on its side on the outside of the glass. I would remove the T8 and either put it inside the tank attached to the ceiling (shining down and without any plastic in front of the bulb) or use just your T5 tube (I don't see this in the photo, is it on top of the enclosure?) The glass from the tank is intercepting all of the UVB light from the T8 on the side so it is likely just causing irritation due to the angle.

If you don't have enough space overhead for the lights, you can try suspending them overhead using adjustable lamp stands. I use them and they work very well for the dome fixtures.
76248-4037503768.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom