Concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyd19

Hey I need help to see if my beardy is doing okay I asked my friend who has a a bearded dragon to but I need more information to see if my lovely female bearded dragon is doing I don’t know the age of my dragon because I bought at PetSmart she began limping two days ago staying off the front right leg and now there’s less of a limp and my second question is is it normal for a bearded drag to be chunky or fat in a way ??

LimKH

Joeyd19":1a2ijs49 said:
Hey I need help to see if my beardy is doing okay I asked my friend who has a a bearded dragon to but I need more information to see if my lovely female bearded dragon is doing I don’t know the age of my dragon because I bought at PetSmart she began limping two days ago staying off the front right leg and now there’s less of a limp and my second question is is it normal for a bearded drag to be chunky or fat in a way ??

Hi Joey. Tbh, you shouldn't buy bearded dragons from pet shops like petsmart, petco etc. How old is your dragon? Can you also take a picture of him?

Joeyd19

Original Poster
107058-4646562743.jpg
LimKH":36nuuvsb said:
Joeyd19":36nuuvsb said:

Hi Joey. Tbh, you shouldn't buy bearded dragons from pet shops like petsmart, petco etc. How old is your dragon? Can you also take a picture of him?

I honestly don’t know her age but I got her on November 13,2019 and she’s was already quite big from the little ones that were there I’m guessing she could be a four month old or 5 month old beardy, personal at the time I just wanted a beardy dragon so I really didn’t look into pet stores like PetSmart or petsco I wish I would of went to a breeder

107058-6230598688.jpg
107058-9606920988.jpg
107058-101807621.jpg
107058-8197033954.jpg
107058-4646562743.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

She is quite pretty! Petstore dragons can be hit or miss. Some are healthy and some end up having issues.

All you can do at this point is make sure you're providing proper husbandry.

Can you go over your setup with us so we can make sure?
Mainly, what you are using for a UV source.
And what are your temperatures. Mainly your basking surface temp and your cool side temp.

What does her daily diet look like.

In regards to the limp, did she fall while she was out with you or something?
Has she poo'd recently?

-Brandon

LimKH

Joeyd19":ihq55hfj said:
107058-4646562743.jpg
LimKH":ihq55hfj said:
Joeyd19":ihq55hfj said:

I honestly don’t know her age but I got her on November 13,2019 and she’s was already quite big from the little ones that were there I’m guessing she could be a four month old or 5 month old beardy, personal at the time I just wanted a beardy dragon so I really didn’t look into pet stores like PetSmart or petsco I wish I would of went to a breeder

107058-6230598688.jpg
107058-9606920988.jpg
107058-101807621.jpg
107058-8197033954.jpg
107058-4646562743.jpg

Tbh, she looks ok. Is she pooping regularly? What do you feed her as a staple for insects and greens. The equipments you use. The temperature and humidity etc

Joeyd19

Original Poster
LimKH":1f347kgx said:
Joeyd19":1f347kgx said:
107058-4646562743.jpg
LimKH":1f347kgx said:
Joeyd19":1f347kgx said:

107058-6230598688.jpg
107058-9606920988.jpg
107058-101807621.jpg
107058-8197033954.jpg
107058-4646562743.jpg

Tbh, she looks ok. Is she pooping regularly? What do you feed her as a staple for insects and greens. The equipments you use. The temperature and humidity etc

Yesterday when she pooped it was solid/liquidity and today it was liquidity I give her mealworms superworms Dubai roaches crickets her greens I give her Romain lettuce she simply loves it the calcium I use is a flukers brand with no flavor added her lamp is 150 watt solar glo all in one the hygrometer is at 20% and the heat in the lowest part of the tank is 85 degrees right now

Joeyd19

Original Poster
claudiusx":33tt2kcy said:
Hi there,

She is quite pretty! Petstore dragons can be hit or miss. Some are healthy and some end up having issues.

All you can do at this point is make sure you're providing proper husbandry.

Can you go over your setup with us so we can make sure?
Mainly, what you are using for a UV source.
And what are your temperatures. Mainly your basking surface temp and your cool side temp.

What does her daily diet look like.

In regards to the limp, did she fall while she was out with you or something?
Has she poo'd recently?

-Brandon

Her diet mostly considers superworms mealworms crickets and Dubai roaches and her greens are Romain lettuce her bulb is an all in one solar glo 150 watt the hygrometer says it at 20% and the temperature in the coldest part of her tank is 85 degrees right now in her old set up I think she could of hurt herself due to the hammock being to high and land on her leg wrong but before I noticed her limping she would do it often and still walk fine and the other thing it could be is that her nail could of got caught in the hammock and trying to get herself free to could of hurt her joints but she eats I gave her a little bath yesterday and she even slept with me the day before in a soft blanket she’s responds to me she’s adorable but I believe she’s about to shed once again her poop yesterday was solid/liquidity and today it was liquid like if she had Diarrhea She still roams for the food and will eat out of my hand

LimKH

The poop depends on what you feed it actually. Don't feed mealworms and superworms to baby bearded dragons. They CAN cause impaction to your bearded dragon. For superworms, you can wait until she is 16 inches. Dubias/ pin head crickets are a good staple insects. No lettuce please :). They are not really good as they contain a lot of water. You can go for a lot of things. Collard Greens, Mustard Greens, Dandelion Greens, Kale, squash, carrot, capsicum etcetera. How much calcium is left in the container? You can try to get, Zoo Med's Reptivite with D3 as your using the Solar Glo.
Temps are fine but humidity can be better a little. They thrive at 30%-40%. It's ok if it goes up to 50-60% in the summer. Just don't let it hit 75-80% for a long period of time. :D
Edit: The hammock problem is fine probably. Whenever you want to pick her up, lift her up a little then gently control their hand on removing their nail from the hammock or anything else.

Joeyd19

Original Poster
LimKH":2tgp63sm said:
The poop depends on what you feed it actually. Don't feed mealworms and superworms to baby bearded dragons. They CAN cause impaction to your bearded dragon. For superworms, you can wait until she is 16 inches. Dubias/ pin head crickets are a good staple insects. No lettuce please :). They are not really good as they contain a lot of water. You can go for a lot of things. Collard Greens, Mustard Greens, Dandelion Greens, Kale, squash, carrot, capsicum etcetera. How much calcium is left in the container? You can try to get, Zoo Med's Reptivite with D3 as your using the Solar Glo.
Temps are fine but humidity can be better a little. They thrive at 30%-40%. It's ok if it goes up to 50-60% in the summer. Just don't let it hit 75-80% for a long period of time. :D

I have a lot of calcium left and how do I raise the humidity levels And okay I’ll feed her Dubai roaches and cricket for now on

LimKH

I mean... It's ok if you don't buy the one with D3 for now. I forgot to mention the multivitamin. Which one are you using or you don't have it. It's quite simple to raise humidity actually, just put the water dish in the middle of the tank(between the cold spot and the warm spot). Finally, it's good to switch up the food sometimes. Like switching to BSFL for a few days or for treats(the staple insect still remains).

Joeyd19

Original Poster
LimKH":ijomgbip said:
I mean... It's ok if you don't buy the one with D3 for now. I forgot to mention the multivitamin. Which one are you using or you don't have it. It's quite simple to raise humidity actually, just put the water dish in the middle of the tank(between the cold spot and the warm spot). Finally, it's good to switch up the food sometimes. Like switching to BSFL for a few days or for treats(the staple insect still remains).

I don’t use any multivitamins what are those what do you recommend me using and will do I’ll clean out her water dish and put more water and to put it in the middle

LimKH

Multivitamins are the same as calciums. They are great as they make an easy way to ensure your bearded dragon is getting all of their essentials from one single powder. You can get the one from zoo med that I mentioned earlier. Get the multivitamin with D3 so you don't have to buy another calcium powder with D3. I forgot another thing. Which calcium do you use? Vitamin A. Feed carrots occasionally or as a treat as they can be healthy and dangerous at the same time. You can go look it up on google and go into "Reptiles Guide" Website.
Edit: Tbh, there isn't any tip that I know. If there is any problem just PM me here or just create another topic. A lot of people are really friendly and helpful in this forum :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom